This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291562 by J-HALEY
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:33 am
https://youtu.be/ce4R9L60OiU
https://youtu.be/N2CoIJ1qb9E
https://youtu.be/zuygKg5lIG4
https://youtu.be/kol6NFK94XE
https://youtu.be/MBQ5XTrg6mg

My girlfriends arm got tired, she didn’t get all of Highway Star damn we kill that. The last 2 videos are parts of that one song. I encourage y’all to watch these vids not because it’s a shameless plug but I am extremely proud of this band and the quality we are producing!
#291567 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:10 pm
Great playing, you guys are pros.

Highway Star great tune off a great album.

Not big on Styx.

Love some Thin Lizzy, likes it the best.
#291581 by Cajundaddy
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Fun set and you guys sound really good Jeff! Take these songs and put together a rockin' 3 minute band highlights promo vid. It will open a lotta doors.
#291582 by J-HALEY
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 pm
Cajundaddy wrote:Fun set and you guys sound really good Jeff! Take these songs and put together a rockin' 3 minute band highlights promo vid. It will open a lotta doors.

Yes sir, that is the plan. Thanks for watching and the advise it is much appreciated!
#291677 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 pm
Just to carry on a theme about drummers from another thread back to yours.

Man you guys got the equipment, looks like you've all bathed, and combed your hair.
Nobody is 2 drunk yet, not showing much skin but you guys are old. You got a pro look
and most of the time you play together, you'd sound better with a better singer bass player,
and drummer.

Your videos sound like sh*t tho, I watched a video CajunDaddy put up and they were doing
the same old tired cover songs, but they sounded damn good. Watch CajunDaddy's video,
are you even able to hear the difference. At least in the band you play with that has the chick singer,
even tho she is fat, she at least can sing, can't you hear the difference?

And while were telling it how we really feel, band names

C'mon Cruise Control? lame lmfao...….. Mission Imposter> Just as lame...… Unusual Suspects< Here we go again

Get a nice name like "Free Beer" "Whorehouse Customer" "Old and in the Way"
#291680 by J-HALEY
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm
You're just pissed because that ugly fatass you're married to wouldn't give you any. She can't lower her standards and screw an old ugly billy goat like you. :lol:
#291710 by J-HALEY
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:28 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:That was some clean playing on Highway Star. Very good.

Talbot

Thanks Mike!
#291713 by Cajundaddy
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:48 pm
This place is hilarious!
Yep, Jeff and I are making $1000 per night playing that tired-ass 70s stuff, having fun doing it with other skilled players, and turning down more gigs than we take. I think I'll play that 70s stuff for a while longer. How about you Jeff?

Deep Purple rocks!
#291715 by J-HALEY
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 pm
Cajundaddy wrote:This place is hilarious!
Yep, Jeff and I are making $1000 per night playing that tired-ass 70s stuff, having fun doing it with other skilled players, and turning down more gigs than we take. I think I'll play that 70s stuff for a while longer. How about you Jeff?

Deep Purple rocks!

Yes sir Cajundaddy I plan on playing that tired-ass 70's stuff until I die. He forgot to rag on the country band I played in last year. I don't put to much value on the negatives I get on this site. Afterall they are only opinions. As my favorite supervisor at work always says "opinions are like assholes everyone's got one and they all stink" Really I think most of those negatives are folks just blowing off steam, there is a lot of pressure in life. I'm not sure what Lynards excuse is! :lol:
#291722 by J-HALEY
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am glad to see you are in a better mood today Lynard. I know you were in a bad mood yesterday because your boyfriend left you. I saw you bitching at Glen because you thought he ran him off. :lol:
#291725 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Deep Purple rocks!

I assume you mean the BAND is making $1000 a night? Even so, that's far better pay than even the best cover bands are getting around these parts. The only exception being the tribute bands who play limited gigs.
#291726 by Cajundaddy
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:54 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

Deep Purple rocks!

I assume you mean the BAND is making $1000 a night? Even so, that's far better pay than even the best cover bands are getting around these parts. The only exception being the tribute bands who play limited gigs.

Confirmed. And that is not every night but often. Most of our special event gigs are $850-$1250. We rarely play bars cause they pay less but we still do Tilted Kilt a few times a year, 3 hrs @ $400. It is a local place and a lot of our friends come down, hang out, and even sit in sometimes. That is on Fridays so our Saturday nights are free for the better paying gigs.

Event planners like what we do and are willing to pay decent $$$ for it so we will continue to do this stuff a while longer.

Rock on!