This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291298 by J-HALEY
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:25 pm
I have been trying to get insurance on my gear all week. Replacement value is about 25k. I just heard back from State Farm. I am concerned, believe it or not your Homeowners/renters insurance does not cover your gear. Well up to 1500 bucks that won’t pay for one guitar. I tried to get it covered as a gigging musician and was turned down by them. Who do you use and do y’all know of a reputable company?
#291477 by Cajundaddy
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 am
My gear is insured at home by my homeowners "contents" as a percentage of home value. In CA that is a significant sum. Out gigging I am insured by tire iron, Louisville Slugger, and Beretta 45 cal if it comes to that. In 45 years of gigs very few items have ever gone missing. Fortunate that.

If you *must* insure your gear separately, Lloyds of London will insure anything, anytime.
#291484 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Yeah, if you're gigging, your homeowners insurance won't cut it. Good instrument insurance will cover accidental damage as well as theft.
Make sure you document all gear via photos and bill of sale, if possible.
Look at Heritage and Clarion.
#293749 by RXS
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm
I use MusicPro insurance - www.MusicProInsurance.com. They understand that instruments can actually appreciate in value over time (unlike your homeowners insurance.) They provide funds to rent instruments while your lost gear is being replaced. Rates seem reasonable to me. It's "all risk" insurance, which means you're protected against just about everything except nuclear war. Back door of your trailer comes open and your gear falls out? It's covered. Forget to do an idiot check at the end of the night and drive off leaving your $4k PRS axe in some dark corner? It's covered. Drunk spills beer all over your pedalboard shorting out the whole thing? It's covered. Plastered fat lady falls on her posterior and lands on your spare Martin acoustic? It's covered. Easy to make changes to your equipment list online.
#293882 by schmedidiah
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:19 pm
J-HALEY wrote: Well up to 1500 bucks that won’t pay for one guitar.

:lol: