This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290824 by schmedidiah
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:58 pm
Never heard of that website. Most of us don't usually click on strange links from folks we don't know around here.
#290825 by DainNobody
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:10 am
Believe it's alright Schmed..Slacker jumped my shiit once when I used vocaroo and pasted a link to it..said I just as well could of typed the message rather than recording the spoken word using vocaroo :cry:
#290829 by harunandistafiah
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:03 am
Hi People, we are trying to find our drummer Reno ( Can't quite remember his last name, he was an Italian from Elizabeth St Norwood) that was with our band 'Galaxy' from 1981 to 1982. We did a tour with him in Adelaide for the Year of the Handicapped and also recorded an album of original music with him. Can't remember his last name though. Was it Fontanet? Not sure. Our names were Harun and Istafiah Iriks and Dahlan Kelly. Thanks folks id you have run across him please call 0428097779 or email [email protected]
#290833 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:23 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Believe it's alright Schmed..Slacker jumped my shiit once when I used vocaroo and pasted a link to it..said I just as well could of typed the message rather than recording the spoken word using vocaroo :cry:

That's alright Dane. I'll let you in on a little secret. Slacker was kind of a dick. :lol:
#290844 by Jahva
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:35 pm
Al Coholic wrote:Tell ya what if you really want feedback take an acoustic bass ( 5 string is better for this) run the volume all the way up to ten. Then , turn the gain on the up to ten and then mic it through a pa with a LDC Mic turned again all they way up to ten. Point the pa and amp at the guitar and strum . Boom feedback!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#290848 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Hello

I tried singing two of my favourite songs by Iron Maiden but failed.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1WTZCNkBFcW

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1BgHRGQq3yi

That site is blocked for me where I'm at. If you are talking Bruce Dickinson's vocals and not the first singer, I have experience working that up with a singer. Bruce is a fantastic natural talent but he is not formally trained. My singer did do some lessons to help her with rock/metal vocals. She is formally trained and most practiced with choir, clean R&B, or Latin vocals. For the Iron Maiden stuff, you have to watch how he breaks the rules, closing the throat for grit, and often switching from singing to a dramatic story telling voice. You have to use a *lot* of head voice and exaggerate the vibrato. (and pretty much everything about the enunciation) It will feel funny at first until you hit it. A lot of it is a confidence thing to go after it and try to feel epic. Hopefully, he is in your singing range, of course.
#290853 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:43 pm
Just sing like Paul instead of Bruce because that's the best band ever. Maiden with Bruce = Dream Theater Lite. :wink:

Excellent point ! \/ :lol:

Al Coholic wrote:Tell ya what if you really want feedback take an acoustic bass ( 5 string is better for this) run the volume all the way up to ten. Then , turn the gain on the up to ten and then mic it through a pa with a LDC Mic turned again all they way up to ten. Point the pa and amp at the guitar and strum . Boom feedback!!!
#290869 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 pm
Heh, I got up close to a stack with my little acoustic/electric when adjusting something and got some awesome, hand stinging, low-end feedback. If I didn't like my guitar so much, I'd put a camera on, let it wail and see if it would literally blow it apart. As a bonus, we did actually adapt an Iron Maiden song for acoustic only that night.