This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290875 by Jahva
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:51 am
MikeB posted "You know the song, but take a look at this new 'official' video released by RHino: "

I listened and watched several times... the song sounded the same as ever to me. What's to be said... it's not a new recording just a reissue.
So what is there to talk about besides the video...
Guess I should've ignored the political :lol: undertones.. isn't that the bridge of the song from past to today? the images portrayed?

...and what does the video contain?
Looks to me like a political view in images of how liberals see America... but over-all it still looks like a money grab to me.
That's what I see... looks to me like capitalizing on the times. If I'm wrong ok... would love to hear they're taking the proceeds and helping fix SF... or something.

You're right though about the liberal bashing... is too easy these days... don't really want to be that guy. But they look like a bunch of loons right now.
I hope it changes... soon. But I don't think it will.
#290876 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 am
Totally political video Mark. I have no idea what you'd expect to be our reaction to it.
#290890 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:18 pm
Jahva wrote:MikeB posted "You know the song, but take a look at this new 'official' video released by RHino: "

I listened and watched several times... the song sounded the same as ever to me. What's to be said... it's not a new recording just a reissue.
So what is there to talk about besides the video...
Guess I should've ignored the political :lol: undertones.. isn't that the bridge of the song from past to today? the images portrayed?

...and what does the video contain?
Looks to me like a political view in images of how liberals see America... but over-all it still looks like a money grab to me.
That's what I see... looks to me like capitalizing on the times. If I'm wrong ok... would love to hear they're taking the proceeds and helping fix SF... or something.

You're right though about the liberal bashing... is too easy these days... don't really want to be that guy. But they look like a bunch of loons right now.
I hope it changes... soon. But I don't think it will.

"Take the proceeds" - how much money do you think gets generated by videos? A million views will net about $1500.00. Rhino purchases older music that is no longer distributed and sells comparatively small volumes of it.

Your 'anti-liberal' leanings have biased you so strongly (like Haley) that you're blind to the fact that the right/conservatives are exactly the same, just on the opposite side of the fence.
#290891 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:21 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Totally political video Mark. I have no idea what you'd expect to be our reaction to it.

The polite options would be:
1) Ignore it
2) Say 'still a great song but I don't agree with the video's message'. (which BTW hasn't changed since the song was originally released over 40 years ago)
3) Say 'liked/never liked the song or the message' without starting one's one anti-liberal diatribe.
#290892 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:23 pm
J-HALEY wrote:There you go talking out both sides of that big mouth of yours again.

??? There you go not reading/listening with your little closed-mind attitude again. AGAIN: don't spout off against ONE post I make without reading everything it pertains to.
#290895 by Jahva
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:30 pm
Sorry MikeB and PG I guess...
I thought the video is intended to spark emotion... on both sides... some agree some disagree some probably even change their perspective about these things.

Ok... I'll try and filter it down I reckon.
Hands off my political video... be nice or be quiet.
Mmmmkay.

And Mike I'm not blind to the Right and their BS... but I didn't find any in this video.
#290896 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:41 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Totally political video Mark. I have no idea what you'd expect to be our reaction to it.

1) Ignore it
2) Say 'still a great song but I don't agree with the video's message'. (which BTW hasn't changed since the song was originally released over 40 years ago)
3) Say 'liked/never liked the song or the message' without starting one's one anti-liberal diatribe.

Don't debate me on this Mike. Debate this guy.

https://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34291&start=15#p288222
#290901 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:47 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:

1) Ignore it

Don't debate me on this Mike. Debate this guy.

https://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34291&start=15#p288222

Wasn't debating you, Schmed, just putting the facts out for those who started their own political agenda here. Vamp - might as well hit yourself in the head with a hammer, more pleasure than any back-and-forth with him.
#290902 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:47 pm
Jahva wrote:And Mike I'm not blind to the Right and their BS... but I didn't find any in this video.

No, there wouldn't be, would there? :roll:
#290907 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Wasn't debating you, Schmed, just putting the facts out for those who started their own political agenda here. Vamp - might as well hit yourself in the head with a hammer, more pleasure than any back-and-forth with him.

Vamp wasn't the one i said you should debate either. You should debate the Mike B in that thread because I think he'd call you out for posting music for the sake of political or idealogical reasons in the music chat section. But fine, disagree with me. :D
#290929 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Vamp wasn't the one i said you should debate either. You should debate the Mike B in that thread because I think he'd call you out for posting music for the sake of political or idealogical reasons in the music chat section. But fine, disagree with me. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: I posted music. Those replying took it to the political side. You could say the same thing about a couple of my own music videos I posted in the 'Love and War' album thread. Those replying can choose to say 'I like the music, but not the ideological aspect of it' (which Javha did on one) - or something else, but to start a political discussion is not the point in posting .
#290933 by Jahva
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Vamp wasn't the one i said you should debate either. You should debate the Mike B in that thread because I think he'd call you out for posting music for the sake of political or idealogical reasons in the music chat section. But fine, disagree with me. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: I posted music. Those replying took it to the political side. You could say the same thing about a couple of my own music videos I posted in the 'Love and War' album thread. Those replying can choose to say 'I like the music, but not the ideological aspect of it' (which Javha did on one) - or something else, but to start a political discussion is not the point in posting .

You posted a musical video...
Out of respect to you... I let it go...
I like you... CSN not so much. :mrgreen:
#290940 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:56 pm
That song is old news. We've all heard it a million times on the radio. You posted a political video in the music section but that's fine because you have one set of rules for everyone and another set of rules for yourself. :lol:
#290945 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:53 pm
schmedidiah wrote:That song is old news. We've all heard it a million times on the radio. You posted a political video in the music section but that's fine because you have one set of rules for everyone and another set of rules for yourself. :lol:

really? :lol: So in 'your terms' any music posted in this side of the forum may not contain any political innuendo or overtones? really? :roll:
#290960 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 am
I stand by what I said Mike. You have a double standard on this rule. Go ahead and post whatever you want and I'll react to it however I want.