This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290967 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I stand by what I said Mike. You have a double standard on this rule. Go ahead and post whatever you want and I'll react to it however I want.

I've got no argument with you, except that I don't think it's any kind of a 'double standard'. As Mark said:
But I must say i think it's pretty damn sad when Mike B puts up a link to a MUSIC video in the MUSIC forum, and the very first reply out the gate... Jahva has to beat his drum and start in with slamming liberals.
#290972 by Jahva
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:18 pm
Schmed...
you can comment or not but if you do... do it politely. I wonder what would have been said if all of my comments were pro-lib and talked about how we need more of this in today's music... :lol:
Seems if I didn't say anything this thread would've been dead in the water...
Hey at least it got some traction Mike!
#290978 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:45 pm
Jahva, I know Mike and Mark are like this because of how awful Haley, Glenny, et al are. The hammer hits the anvil, the anvil hits the hammer back. But Jesus, I think I laid out a perfect argument between Mike and Mike on this subject. It's plain as day. If he doesn't want to see it, fine. I'm done. :roll:
#290979 by Jahva
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:04 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Jahva, I know Mike and Mark are like this because of how awful Haley, Glenny, et al are. The hammer hits the anvil, the anvil hits the hammer back. But Jesus, I think I laid out a perfect argument between Mike and Mike on this subject. It's plain as day. If he doesn't want to see it, fine. I'm done. :roll:

I suppose I could've said
looks like the hippies of the 70's that failed to change the world are reaching out to a new generation hoping they can accomplish what they couldn't get done... But hey... they did give us Carter. :lol:
#290986 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:43 pm
I'm too young (and so is Mark) to be a 'hippie changing the world' - we came too late to that party. But look at what was accomplished - drinking and voting age lowered to the same as the draftable age (at least for a while). The US pulled out of the 'non-declared' war in Viet Nam. Nixon got knocked out of office.
#290989 by Jahva
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:04 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I'm too young (and so is Mark) to be a 'hippie changing the world' - we came too late to that party. But look at what was accomplished - drinking and voting age lowered to the same as the draftable age (at least for a while). The US pulled out of the 'non-declared' war in Viet Nam. Nixon got knocked out of office.

Just faqing with ya Mike... :P
Some very good things came out of the 60's-70's... And I was much more in alignment with similar beliefs when I was younger. As probably most here were.
But the artist of that era realized it was over and wrote some great songs about the end of the dream... Jackson Browns albums Late for the sky... The Pretender... The Eagles Hotel California... I still listen to those... i do enjoy the melancholy.
#291001 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:18 pm
Nixon got kicked out of office, or kicked himself out of office?
#291022 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:27 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Nixon got kicked out of office, or kicked himself out of office?

He quit before he got jailed.