This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289985 by Jahva
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:42 pm
I've known way more artists/bands using SC than actual listeners to the site... not saying all the plays are fake but you can buy as many as you want. Same for YT and most other "free" sites... looking for clicks or plays.
Just another poorly run company that probably needs to die... imo. :mrgreen:
"SoundCloud has never really figured out how to extract money from its users, both creators and consumers."
That'll get your lights cut off real quick....
They weren't the first won't be the last.
Maybe one of the Hip Hop or Rap Moguls will bail them out... or just buy it with a plan on how to extract money from its users, both creators and consumers... lulz.
#289986 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:44 pm
"Soundcloud rap"? really?
Do you know anyone who pays $15/month for unlimited SC storage? Why? There is no revenue stream from SC.
#289992 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 pm
What will happen to peoples music hosted there?..will it be poof and its gone?
#290003 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:What will happen to peoples music hosted there?..will it be poof and its gone?

This comes up yearly and they keep dragging their ass out of the fire. The consensus is back up your stuff. It won't be there if they do fold up. Go to their "help community" forum for some good chuckles. It's a total joke. :roll:
#290011 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:58 pm
Yeah Schmed..possibly a ploy on their part trying to get users to buy a sub/plan thinking their avenue to musical success and fame will disappear and need to ante up 15 a month or whatever..I think I have been shadow banned by them so no big deal on my part..get a like without a play..and that is bogus..
#290013 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:22 am
I only read of this a few months ago when they announced the new CEO from Vimeo was taking over. I googled it and watched some discussions on some groups on Facebook and this has happened yearly for a while now. I think inevitably they will have to shut it down because so much of the music is just plain bad (like mine, according to several members here! :lol: ).
I think they should have charged something for every member from the start. Just a small amount, even a one time fee. People with no skin in the game and 3 hours of shitty unmastered music are falling off the trees over there. :mrgreen:

But seriously. I'd download anything you have uploaded there without a backup copy. No guarantees that it will be there later.
#290032 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:27 pm
I don't know why anyone would 'store' their music ONLY there. Anything I have there is a copy. I have the original on my computer, and backed up on a USB drive.
#290084 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I don't know why anyone would 'store' their music ONLY there. Anything I have there is a copy. I have the original on my computer, and backed up on a USB drive.

I've been having some computer issues and haven't been as diligent as I should have been about that. Hope to rectify that soon. In the meantime, looks like Dayne will be listening to Alex Jones on ham radio instead. :lol:
#290085 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:49 pm
there's something about ham radio that never sounded kosher to me.
#290086 by Mordgeld
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:16 pm
Planetguy wrote:there's something about ham radio that never sounded kosher to me.

LOL
#290109 by Displaced Pianist
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Planetguy wrote:name of my next band....

KOSHER HAM

So does that mean I can now use "Meat In The Seats" w/o any issues of copyright infringement? After all, it was my idea...
#292288 by schmedidiah
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm
still in biz! :lol:
#292296 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 pm
schmedidiah wrote:still in biz! :lol:

Bored today, bringing back old threads?