This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289815 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:42 am
The new duo, SARAH & MARK played our first three gigs last wk. Big fun w this new deal. All three were gigs that we were able to put the tip jar out (no weddings, wakes, or corporate deals).

We played our first gig Wed...two hrs at a restaurant to good crowd response. They were pretty busy and the owner scored points w me when HE found me as we packed up and delivered our check. Sarah and I got our equip loaded and then divided the tip jar bread....$80 between us.

Two gigs on Saturday....first was a four hr 2:00-6:00 winery gig. Yikes. Good money gig, but FOUR hrs! And guess what we found in the tip jar.....$80! We load equip, grab some dinner. then jump in the car to our next gig.

Next gig is a 9-12 bar gig. We decided on the ride that if we snag ANOTHER $80 at THIS gig...we're gonna freak. End of gig we're out by the car, divvying it up, and this time it's $85. OK. close....but how weird would it have been, and what are the odds that our first three gigs would snag the same exact money in the the tip jar????

Well, the next day I remembered that as we loaded in to the bar gig...i found a five dollar bill on the floor close to the stage. I couldn't exactly yell out in a crowded bar "HEY, WHO LOST A FIVE?", so i just dropped it in our tip jar.....meaning that minus that, we DID get EXACTLY another $80 in jars...AGAIN!

Pretty frigging weird. :shock:

this is from the that first gig:
#289820 by schmedidiah
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:31 pm
Great stuff!
#289828 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Hold on a minute... are you sure your partner didn't 'seed' the jar with $80 each time? :wink:
#290040 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Hold on a minute... are you sure your partner didn't 'seed' the jar with $80 each time? :wink:

hadn't considered that, mike. then again i suppose it IS possible that we've actually snagged $200 each time, and since she's been the one counting the tip money...... :lol: