This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289912 by Rockdrummer24
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 pm
I feel your pain. I am a drummer and have a bass player and we are trying to find a decent guitar player and singer. Seems like there are more topics on this site than music and it makes finding what you are looking for almost impossible. This site is more like a Facebook page with everyone spouting off about topics that real musicians could care less about. Maybe they need to have a category with an age limit? Good luck with your search.
#289955 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:24 pm
Rockdrummer24 wrote:I feel your pain. I am a drummer and have a bass player and we are trying to find a decent guitar player and singer. Seems like there are more topics on this site than music and it makes finding what you are looking for almost impossible. This site is more like a Facebook page with everyone spouting off about topics that real musicians could care less about. Maybe they need to have a category with an age limit? Good luck with your search.

You're looking at the forum , not the profiles (as the OP was doing). The more info you have in your profile, the more likely you will get a response - audio samples/videos/full description of what you're looking to do, etc.
#289964 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm
"Maybe they need to have a category with an age limit" LMFAO

Old and in the way :lol:
#289966 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:21 pm
If you can't tell the forum from the site where you search for musicians...... how do you even wipe your butt from day to day? :roll:

:lol:

:mrgreen:
#289975 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:28 pm
Maybe he's got a bidet :lol:
#289976 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm
:lol:
#290004 by Cajundaddy
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:12 pm
I don't know, we found our keys and bass player here. Actually they found us. Post some good samples of your work, make it really clear what you are looking for, and don't be a douche. If you have your act together and look like a viable band with good quality song samples and videos you will attract musicians with similar interests and skill. If your recordings sound terrible and your videos look totally unprepared, you are driving away skilled drummers instead of attracting them.

It does take time. "Attraction" is the magic bullet here so always put your best foot forward and never let them see your outtakes.
#290033 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:28 pm
Yes- like Cajun says, you need to present yourself as 'professional', even on a shitty-looking page like a BM profile. 2 bands found me here on BM, so it does work.
When I see a profile with a picture of some guy fishing, or chugging a beer or with his kids/girlfriend, I assume he has little to no stage experience, or hasn't been on stage for a long time (before phones with cameras). No audio samples, no videos - either the previous assumption, or his skill level is not up to what I'm looking for.
And I've wasted too much time trying out people when they didn't have full descriptions of what they want to do - now I start talking to them (I always go into an audition to talk first, then play - whether its me being auditioned or me auditioning someone else).