This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288926 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:48 pm
Gotta PLANET JAZZ gig tonight and Bill our bass player is outta town. Kenny, the gtrst/vclst i play w in The 121's and The Spincasters is gonna play w us and I'll move to bass (back home...where i LIVE!).

He's been woodshedding a bunch of PJAZZ tunes but we'll also play some blues, some rockabilly, and maybe even slip in some classic country. We've already talked about doing "The Chair" as a bossa nova and i'm sure there are some others we can have fun messing with.
#288960 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 pm
GEORGE
????? :roll:
#288966 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm
How about doing a metal version of "All my Ex's"
#288970 by Mordgeld
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:How about doing a metal version of "All my Ex's"

George Strait, right? I'd take a stab at it if I could find a good backing track.
#288971 by Planetguy
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 pm
yep, G Strait....great song probably not gonna happen anytime soon! the bossa nova version of "The Chair" was a big hit though. So was a loungey (for laughs) version of "Folsom Prison".

Kenny did a fine job and it's interesting hearing him interpret these tunes. his style is very different than mine. he's a very "notey" player who likes to play fast (not tempo, but 16th and 32nd notes) and he really fills things up.

I just don't hear things that way and subscribe strongly to that whole music being a language/ telling a story concept. Too often for my tastes.....when i hear someone playing fast and just burning all the time....it feels like Star Search to me.
#289057 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Attack and release PG, like Hendrix, Zappa, Page...…...
#289072 by Planetguy
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Is that like "catch and release"? 8)

really, i'm not sure what you mean. ...like... go for the throat and then sit back for a moment or two?