This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288918 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm
The other day I stopped by my pal, and bandmate from THE 121's solo gig to help him out by videotaping a few of his songs so he'd have something to use as demo to secure solo gigs.

I'm at his gig sitting there w my phone in hand recording him when all of it sudden it dawns on me, "oh, look...i'm one of THOSE idiots at someone's gig recording them on my phone!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbhfUXXH2s
#288929 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:49 pm
Don't you hate it when that happens?!

Actually, I love it, as it means the person videoing likes you enough to share it.
#288939 by Vampier
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 pm
Planet Guy ... I think Guitar mike is right on this ... modern Technology allows for a wide spectrum of usages. You would be recording him with the critical eye and ears of a fellow muso, so that alone makes it much better than just posing in front of the Band for a "selfie" to show off your new top on FB. It shows valid support and interest and I think that it is good in your case and his.
#288973 by Planetguy
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:28 pm
i too have no problem w someone who is clearly enjoying the music recording video of it. i do have a problem when it's someone (usually a young person) who has paid zero attention to the band, and then as a passing afterthought as they're leaving, decides to record ten seconds midsong to post on their page or to send to someone to show them they were out on the town. :roll:

recently at a PJAZZ restaurant gig. there was a table of very loud college aged girls. and it bothers me not a bit that they weren't there for the music.....but others were. and their loud conversation intruded upon other nearby patrons who DID want to hear the music.

after about a set's worth of this, and them not paying one lick of attention to the band.....as they rose to leave a cpl of them took out their phones to record us.....and i promptly turned my back and showed them my ass.
#288974 by Mordgeld
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 pm
Planetguy wrote:i too have no problem w someone who is clearly enjoying the music recording video of it. i do have a problem when it's someone (usually a young person) who has paid zero attention to the band, and then as a passing afterthought as they're leaving, decides to record ten seconds midsong to post on their page or to send to someone to show them they were out on the town. :roll:

recently at a PJAZZ restaurant gig. there was a table of very loud college aged girls. and it bothers me not a bit that they weren't there for the music.....but others were. and their loud conversation intruded upon other nearby patrons who DID want to hear the music.

after about a set's worth of this, and them not paying one lick of attention to the band.....as they rose to leave a cpl of them took out their phones to record us.....and i promptly turned my back and showed them my ass.

With a wireless rig you can really make sure they get a good, up close recording of ass and whatnot. Being a rock guitarist, I haven't had a problem with people talking over the music. I'm a little older now, but college girls are still the same age as they used to be. :wink:
#289058 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Rock Guitarist, I understand.

We never had anybody telling us to turn it up. :)
#289059 by Mordgeld
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Rock Guitarist, I understand.

We never had anybody telling us to turn it up. :)

I kid, of course. Isn't everyone always supposedly telling the guitarists to turn down.
#289137 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:15 pm
#289154 by Vampier
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 pm
Smut ... your Post is disgusting. You seem to miss the point of the Thread (as usual). Being disgusting and insulting is not "clever", grow up, get some culture, some sophistication and maybe, just maybe you will be on a par with the "Dumbed Down"... the real IDIOTS.
#289158 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:45 pm
can we start a 'GoFundMe' to buy Vamp a sense of humor? :lol:
#289162 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm
:lol:

Vamp needs a full humor transfusion! :roll:
#289171 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 pm
A former brother in law played bass in various unsavory environments, such as strip clubs. He told me his strangest gig was at a hospital for the hearing impaired. He claimed it was the only time anyone ever told him to turn the bass up!

Talbot