This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288854 by J-HALEY
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm
I used my new mixer at last Friday and Saturday's gigs. I have to say this piece of gear is the best investment I have made since purchasing my Line 6 Helix floor modeler. I am using an iPad with the X Air app to control the mixer. I have an Airport Express router and am using the iPad wirelessly on an iKlip mounted to my Mic stand. I can take the iPad into the audience to mix the band then mount it effortlessly on my mic stand and run sound from the stage for the rest of the night. It is so cool because all you have to do is look down and you can see all the meters and make adjustments without turning around.
These were two full blown gigs 4 hours each. I had 0 latency issues and very slight connectivity issues at one of the venues. I put in lots of time learning then practicing setting it up in my house until I felt comfortable enough to use it at gigs. These mixers are $599.00 and replace racks of gear. you can literally pick this thing up with your pinky! Fridays gig was at a venue on the strand in Galveston, the owner booked us for two more gigs after the first set. Saturday the person that books wasn't there but I am hopeful that will lead to more gigs. This mixer gets a 10 on a scale of 1-10!
#288856 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Behringer gets a bad knock from gear snobs but they do make some good equipment that's affordable. glad it's working out for you, jeff.
#288862 by schmedidiah
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:05 pm
I use a ton of Behringer gear and luckily 3 out 4 people on this very forum tell me my music sucks!!! :lol:
#288875 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I use a ton of Behringer gear and luckily 3 out 4 people on this very forum tell me my music sucks!!! :lol:

Po folks got to get along in life somehow. Maybe you just aren't highbrow enough for them. I drink cheap beer too. Play a show out my way, I'll go see it.
#288888 by J-HALEY
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:16 am
schmedidiah wrote:I use a ton of Behringer gear and luckily 3 out 4 people on this very forum tell me my music sucks!!! :lol:

To be honest with you Schmeddly I have never listened to any of your music. I was giving you a taste of your own medicine. You were such an intellectual snob to me about my punctuation and grammar. You also pulled me into your argument with Glen. You can be a straight up asshole sometimes. You best be able to take some of what you are dishing out ya whippersnapper!
#288899 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 am
:lol: whatever dude!
#288913 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm
Behringer's new digital stuff is all pretty good quality. Not too sure about their powered speaker line, we used 2 of the 12" speakers in Trilogy, sound was ok, if not super clear, but worked for our set up.
I've got a couple of cheap Behr pedals on my pedal board, work ok for what I need.

About7 years ago I bought one of their analog mixers and the mic preamps were not very good - had to really crank them up for an SM57 and they got real noisy. Wasn't just ne bad channel, either, it was every one. The USB output on the mixer was also noisy - with no separate volume control, its output was the same as the mains. I returned it the next day and got a Mackie analog board which has served me well since.
#293750 by RXS
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm
I like my XR18 so much I bought three of them. One for the studio, one to gig with and, since I'm an long-time I/S guy and know the value of backup, one as a spare. IMHO, it's the best bang for the buck in a mixer anywhere. They're very small, very lightweight, comparatively inexpensive and seem to be pretty well constructed. Reasonably intuitive interface. I have had some problem maintaining a connection to the mixer from my MS Surface, but we finally got that under control. The trick, we found, is to get your own router; don't use the access point built into the mixer.