This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288640 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:11 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I think any woman that has a problem with her man playing in a band with a female member is;
A. very insecure

Any way you slice it the two should not be together.

Dude, only a week after we married, she waited until I went to work and threw away every picture I had with a female in it, including family and without discrimination. She would walk in front of me at Blockbusters turning the covers of movies over if there was a hot girl on it. She was so jealous of any woman that I had to quit the music team to avoid her depression about the guitarist and the viola player. Had to quit watching anything on TV other than news or football.

Never understood that since she was an amazing specimen of a woman. She was more than just insecure. It was mental and not visible until after the knot was tied. I had a 21 year sentence.

However, it was my own rule that I wouldn't play in a band with a girl because of the extra headaches it causes. Now that I'm single? Oh, I'm wanting to put an all-girl band together!!!

#288643 by Mordgeld
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm
yod wrote:...However, it was my own rule that I wouldn't play in a band with a girl because of the extra headaches it causes. Now that I'm single? Oh, I'm wanting to put an all-girl band together!!!

So now you're okay with headaches?
#288644 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm
yod wrote: Now that I'm single? Oh, I'm wanting to put an all-girl band together!!!

it's hard enough finding capable and qualified musicians who you can stand to be in a room with for more than five min w/o narrowing the playing field even further. 8)
#288648 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm
Ted

An all girl band? Whew...I don't think so. Even if they were selected from the Women's Cricket Team of Australia (oo la la) I'd pass.

Talbot
#288661 by Vampier
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Planet Guy ... just read your Thread. Excellent, what a great way to spend the summer. I wish you all the best and every success. I think you are "balanced" enough to be able to turn to advantage having a "woman" fiddling around with you and the Band. Great pic of you . They have a saying in England that sometimes can be applied ... "Just keep your wick dry".

Play Well and enjoy the Summer.
#288668 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm
Thanks for the cordial well wishes, vamp. I'm on my way to a gig w her now. it's a full band gig but perhaps we might sneak in a duo tune or two on break.
#288676 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:44 am
Planetguy wrote:
yod wrote: Now that I'm single? Oh, I'm wanting to put an all-girl band together!!!

it's hard enough finding capable and qualified musicians who you can stand to be in a room with for more than five min w/o narrowing the playing field even further. 8)

I see it a little differently.

Musicians are such a pain in the ass to work with that I only use the ones who are worth it, and for short periods of time. I can write for the talent assembled, hyper-basic if we need it. And I go into every band knowing it's going to break up and member(s) will need to be replaced every three to six months, so this is like my own personal dating service. Fresh girls all the time with me as their leader?! Who cares what the music sounds like if you can hang out with hot girls for a few hours??? Even rehearsals sound like fun to me!! hahaha

And then I'll see how long I get away with it before they realize they don't need a guy.

:lol:

#288701 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:54 pm
Ted

I was pimping my books on FB and someone showed a short vid of the team getting off a bus. That bus driver looked like he might have a heart attack. I thought I might. No wonder the Aussie dudes are so ready to scrap all the time - if they weren't we'd sneak over there and snag all the dames! 8)

Talbot
#288857 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 pm
Goofy world that we're living in....seems ya gotta have the requisite Facebook page. Just got one together for the new duo. If you do the FB thing, please check us out and give us a "like" and/or "follow" us there.

I hope to get some videos up soon.

https://www.facebook.com/SARAH-MARK-256507915124770/?view_public_for=256507915124770

Image]
#288920 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:16 pm
DAMN! my wife just checked out the FB page and asked me where I found those photos of Sarah with her grandfather!

OUCH. Ain't THAT some cold $hit???!!! Yeah, the Mrs. is my number one fan! :lol:
#289326 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:44 pm
Was just contacted for a gig for us next Wed at a local Pizza Place/restaurant I've never played or eaten at before.....pay is only only $100 for a two hr but they ARE gonna throw in a cpl of meals and booze! HOOOO-AH! Hoping they have some good grub. I did notice they have a good selection of beer w several IPA's on tap.

It'll be our first gig and we're looking at it as a good prct for the TWO gigs we have a few days later that Saturday. First is a 4 hr gig from 2-6 then we play that night from 9-12!

We still haven't gotten together to prct yet...that's on the sched for tomorrow.