This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289389 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:39 pm
I don't understand the last part. I plugged in a mic, ranted about cigarettes for 5 minutes and 131 people like it, 31 people reposted it. If you're game for something like that, we can work together. You get credited with writing the lyrics, performing the vocals. You earn the same as me, $0.00. if that's satisfactory for you, let's get on this. :D
#289426 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Guess I coulda cheated and soaked it in overdrive with a little digital delay slapback like all the heavy metal cheaters..lol :P

But that's not the way a nylon string is supposed to be played (or sound). If you're trying to be different with the sound (plugged in), great, then throw anything in the soundchain.
For an acoustic guitar, the best acoustic sound is going to come from miking the guitar. I found a large diameter condenser mic 18-24" out from a nylon string guitar works well, gives the soundwaves time to 'blossom' and reduces the plucked string sound.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#289428 by DainNobody
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm
I need to see DiMeolas setup..gearpage.net or what site is that that has the gear the big boys use onstage or in studio?
#289624 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:58 pm
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :arrow: