This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288360 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:30 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I've done Mayer's In The Blood - newer song from last year, but didn't get much radio play as far as I can tell.

Try some Ryan Adams tunes.
Two I've done solo:
Gimme Something Good)

Does that song get a crowd reaction? I never heard of this guy and the song developed way too slow for me. Then it was boring.

Reading the comments...this guy is country? Listened to a couple more songs...liked "come pick me up" but everything else sounded generic to me. I'll keep trying to understand. Thanks for recommendation
#288361 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:I read an interesting interview with Paul McCartney dated 1994 and mostly about his bass playing. He noted that the Beatles were more interested in the guys in the crowd since the chicks were mostly screaming and yelling but they'd learned that the guys were watching their hands, trying to pick up the chords and notes they were playing. He felt that kept them on their toes.

Talbot

They can have all the guys. I'll take what is leftover.

Jaunt VR (where my son is a producer) has done several shows and interviews with McCartney. One interview was at his house in southeast England. They asked his secret for being able to sing as good as ever and he said he smokes a lot of weed.
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#288364 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I'm glad my old lady is still a hot little number, even as she gets close to 60.

It'll be 20 or 30 years before those girls learn some of the stuff she's forgot.

Damn I am lucky.

Oh, that poor thing. Don't know how she does it. Is this human or goat?

The church probably is as good a place as any to pick up on women.

Maybe....I wouldn't know. I avoid that

You try to make it sound fun Yod, but it's not for me, .

How would you know?

OK, I see your point. It's boring to see the world several times, be treated like Elvis, and make a lot of money when I could live in Nowhere, MO and do nothing of consequence. You try to make that sound like fun. Keep telling yourself that.

To me you've always done a disservice to the church you profess to make
your living off of, but I'm just a hard old man from Missouri SHO ME

Since you don't know jack about me your unsolicited opinion doesn't matter, but thanks for playing.

You really don't know anything less than 50 years old?

:( sad

#288375 by Planetguy
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm
yod wrote:That's what I'm looking for....songs that I could rock on an acoustic and are so popular that every girl in the place would know the words. Who cares what guys think....unless they've got a hot sister?

Ted, I suspect that was said w tongue planted in cheek to some degree. But I'm w McCartney all the way... if it's the guys who are LISTENING w more discernment...then that's who I am playing for.

I'm a long time house cat and my skirt chasing days are long over (unless my woman finally wises up and tosses my dumbass). Don't get me wrong....i like nice scenery as much as anyone, but first off... i'm playing and trying to please MYSELF, then my bandmates, then the dancers (if it's that kind of gig) and anyone who's paying attention.

i'll add another song suggestion that always seems to go over well and one you have the pipes to do justice w ....Chris Stapleton's remake of "TN Whiskey". But please....don't try to sing it like CS.....that's godawful when people try to do his schtick on that song.
#288382 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:42 pm
We all envy you Elvis and your amazing lifestyle, me especially.

Nowhere MO is where I want to be and you ain't.

Comments about my old lady should be done in person, but I didn't expect
any better from you.

You keep traveling around the world and have all that fun (In the name of Jesus of course),
and I'll sit here in nowhere MO and count my blessings.

If you get thru MO and want to talk about my old lady, I'd be glad to assist in any way possible.

Better go hide behind the preacher Elvis
#288385 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm
You know I guess I should have broke it down like you did, going back and rereading your
post, I noticed you didn't pick up women at church. Bad for business

Which face are we looking at

It's sad what you and your kind have done to the church, we didn't need help from the Muslims,
Just those within the church looking to enrich themselves.

Elvis bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's sad to think a praise singer talks the way you do
#288387 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 pm
yod wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:I've done Mayer's In The Blood - newer song from last year, but didn't get much radio play as far as I can tell.

Try some Ryan Adams tunes.
Two I've done solo:
Gimme Something Good)

Does that song get a crowd reaction? I never heard of this guy and the song developed way too slow for me. Then it was boring.

Reading the comments...this guy is country? Listened to a couple more songs...liked "come pick me up" but everything else sounded generic to me. I'll keep trying to understand. Thanks for recommendation

Do you mean Ryan Adams? No, not country, he's 'new indie-pop,' if you have to label.
#288470 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Planetguy wrote:i'll add another song suggestion that always seems to go over well and one you have the pipes to do justice w ....Chris Stapleton's remake of "TN Whiskey". But please....don't try to sing it like CS.....that's godawful when people try to do his schtick on that song.

You named the one song I really hate because it is SUCH a rip off of Etta James. Don't know how he gets away with that? Was thinking about doing "I'd rather go blind" to educate anyone who thinks that is Stapleton song. And what is that song that rips off "Lets get it on"? That one too.

Ted, I suspect that was said w tongue planted in cheek to some degree. But I'm w McCartney all the way... if it's the guys who are LISTENING w more discernment...then that's who I am playing for.

I'm a long time house cat and my skirt chasing days are long over (unless my woman finally wises up and tosses my dumbass). Don't get me wrong....i like nice scenery as much as anyone, but first off... i'm playing and trying to please MYSELF, then my bandmates, then the dancers (if it's that kind of gig) and anyone who's paying attention.

In my "job" I do that, but this is a request for songs outside of my regular gig, since I go to open mics and jam sessions when I find myself in a new town with a couple days off.
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#288471 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:You know I guess I should have broke it down like you did, going back and rereading your
post, I noticed you didn't pick up women at church. Bad for business

Which face are we looking at

It's sad what you and your kind have done to the church, we didn't need help from the Muslims,
Just those within the church looking to enrich themselves.

Elvis bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's sad to think a praise singer talks the way you do

You picked this fight with your pointless insults and ridiculous accusations. I won't be a doormat to an ignorant mocker who has nothing but guile and envy.

Heck, you aren't even a respectable guitar player. Glenn does circles around you. Why would it matter what you think?

#288488 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:34 am
Ryan Adams double album Cold Roses with his band the Cardinals is a masterpiece. He's country flavored rock. He has that twang in his voice. From the Carolinas.
#288505 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:35 pm
Planetguy wrote:
yod wrote:That's what I'm looking for....songs that I could rock on an acoustic and are so popular that every girl in the place would know the words. Who cares what guys think....unless they've got a hot sister?

Well, I admit that I'm listening to guys when I go out to hear a band. But if I'm performing, my eyes scan the crowd for girls who are paying attention so I can sing to them. Just better optics if youre singing a love song.

Had a great time with a band in Richardson TX last night. And hanging out with {males In} the band allowed me to sing a few songs, opening the way for meeting the girls there while the band was too busy to do anything about it. So yea, I can see the wisdom in that....but I missed out on about 3 girls to enjoy a few cold ones with the bass player.

:lol:
#288576 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm
Yod I mean Judas I could out play you any day of the week and Glenn's.

Your a sellout who can't make it on the real circuit, so you have to come over
and corrupt the church.

WWJD

The right telling people they can't play, cause it's the only arguement they have left.

Karma's bitch Yod, you probably shouldn't of spoke about my old lady.

Be seeing you
#288600 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 am
Ancient Vegan wrote:Yod I mean Judas I could out play you any day of the week and Glenn's.

dream on. Glenn smokes you.

Karma's bitch Yod, you probably shouldn't of spoke about my old lady.

Be seeing you

I didn't say anything about your old lady. But you had not made it clear that it was a woman. Was just asking for clarification.
#288602 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 am
Not saying who is better..but that Spring Breeze is sure a catchy tune..listen to it on my phone using Dropbox
.love it