This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288143 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm
Planet Jazz gig this past Sunday...we'd just finished our third and last set. Hot and humid, but fun gig down by the MO River at a "resort/marina".

We have about half our gear offloaded from the stage and while we're walking our equip to our cars, a woman who'd just showed up says "OH, A LIVE BAND!. You guys are just setting up?" This as we're humping our equip past her INTO our cars where we're all having this conversation.

"no, I'm sorry.....we just finished and we're loading out"

"awwwwww! I really want to hear you guys, any chance of you setting up to play some more?"

"sorry, there's NO chance. you don't HAVE that much money!".

"but, i really want to hear your band"

"well, if you have ten dollars for one of our cds you CAN hear our band whenever you like"

"uh, yeah.....ah, well......maybe i'll get to hear you some other time".

We just thought that was hilarious...here she was asking us to take our equip out of our cars and set back up but she wasn't willing to go ten bucks for a cd!

#288146 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm
some people's kids. I tell ya!! :lol:
#288152 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm
thanks Jeff!

It's a mid 80's Japanese made WASHBURN HB35 (their version of a 335). I bought it from the PJAZZ saxman. It was too heavy for him....he's a little fella. It is a heavy booger, but it got even heavier after i put that BIGSBY on. GO FIGURE!

I had to change out the neck pickup cos' it was too damn hot and just wouldn't clean up for $hit. I put in a GFS (forget the model) and it's a real happening p/u. and at $35...not too shabby.

it's set up w real low action and plays great.
#288174 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 pm
No one buys CDs anymore except other musicians. Sad fact.
#288255 by Cajundaddy
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 pm
Hehe, we get that sometimes with afternoon gigs. I like to give em choices.
"Sure we could do another couple of sets. It's $1800.00 per hr or you could get this CD for $10. How many hours would you like?" :lol:
#288421 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 am
Displaced Pianist wrote:So I guess the pianist stepped out for a smoke...again?

On the positive side, I see that surgical intervention is well in the rear-view mirror. Good fer you...

you gottit, that guy disappears on smoke breaks and NEVER brings ANY back to share!

yeah, surgery was six wks ago. started up PT last wk and i'm getting stronger and better range of motion every day. i still can't dunk a basketball...oh, wait....i never could.
#288442 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 am
I love that guitar. I've long coveted the Es 335 version of a bass. Not sure what it's called but I saw a cat playing it a jam on 25th st. in Baltimore and thought, "Yeah!"

Talbot