This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287743 by J-HALEY
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 pm
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ital-mixer
I have been scared to death of going digital. As I get older carrying that heavy mixer rack around outweighed my fear of the digital mixer learning curve and a learning curve it has been. I am finally over the hump and have this thing ready to go. I also got an Iklip a clip designed to hold your ipad to a mic stand. During sound check I can take the iPad wirelessly into the audience to set everything except my vocal mic. This thing does so much more than my Allen & Heath Mixwiz 16-2.
Last edited by J-HALEY on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#287765 by Mordgeld
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:38 pm
That's pretty cool. I'm using their non-digital rackmount mixer with a dmx computer feeding click to the monitor but I've no wireless capability. It does seem pretty light though. If I ran Presonus Studio One on the dmx computer, I could mix from a tablet but I prefer to grab the sliders for now. I really like how, on the one you got, you can recall mix presets.
#287767 by J-HALEY
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm
Yes sir, it has scenes, snapshots and shows. they all interact with one another for a multiple uses. You can save snapshots and they are stored in the mixer itself, or you can save scenes which stores them in a file in your laptop or computer just like a microsoft word file or any other file. I save them in both. A show would be for worship where you have multiple speakers and worship music with a band.
#287770 by Mordgeld
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:42 pm
Might have to add it to my wish list. Just picked up all remaining musicians needed for my project. Our goal is to field a mobile modular setup that allows for open-the-boxes-and-play with no tweaking or external audio support needed. I was originally thinking of using a speaker control system (Behringer DCX2496LE) but this is food for thought. Still have another FOH EV speaker on the list ahead of this. I tried out one of the 12" powered EVs and I want the second.
#287771 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm
Singer in my once-a-year Beatles thing has an older Behr digital mixer, great for scene setting when you have multiple performers and can DI all channels separately out to a laptop for recording. Have they added any kind of password protection to the wireless control? My fear would be some dickhead with an iphone somehow getting into the settings and messing them up during a show!
#287790 by J-HALEY
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Singer in my once-a-year Beatles thing has an older Behr digital mixer, great for scene setting when you have multiple performers and can DI all channels separately out to a laptop for recording. Have they added any kind of password protection to the wireless control? My fear would be some dickhead with an iphone somehow getting into the settings and messing them up during a show!

They do Have a password protection for it. The built in router is not very good because it is encased in metal. I bought an Apple Airport Express external router to use with it at gigs.