This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287583 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:26 pm
How often do you see young people these days with their heads buried in their cell phones? All the time, right? Schools have to have 'no cell phone use during class' rules, states have to adopt 'no texting while driving' laws to keep young drivers from killing themselves and others.

So.... last week in Sydney, Nova Scotia (that's in Canada, for you rubes who don't know geography), my wife and I went out to dinner at a pub that has music a few nights a week, but as it was a Tuesday, there was no music scheduled.
We got in to find a large 'private party' set up in one end of the place near the small stage, and a band - female fiddler and male keyboardist - setting up.
This was a group of about 50 middle school band members on a school trip from a large town about 2 hours away. They were being the usual kids while the band got ready (but actually applauded when the fiddler was adjusting her sound and tuning up!), and their food was getting served as the band started, playing mostly Celtic jigs and reels.
By the time they'd finished their meals they were getting into the music, and a couple of the girls got up and danced near the stage. A boy from the band was invited up to play fiddle for a few songs, which had the whole group cheering. The band's final song was '500 Miles' which is a very traditional song to use in Canada to get people to sing along, and this was no exception, the kids were loud and having fun. The band played for almost 2-1/2 hours without a break. I went up and talked to them as they were packing up their gear - two local players who just occasionally played together and had been hired to play this private party.
I talked to one of the teachers and asked if they had a 'no cell phone use' rule in place for this night, and she told me that they didn't (and pointed out that a couple of kids did have their phones out some times). I told her that in the USA, every kid would have been on his phone most of the night. What a nice difference!
#287592 by Vampier
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 pm
Mike ... we missed you. Very happy you had a good trip. It is wonderful that you had such a wholesome and worthwhile experience whilst you were there. I enjoyed your Storie. I know you know that storie is the same as story only with the difference between the UK and the US in their spelling ... after all being a Canuck you are NO RUBE are you ? Nevertheless. you were fortunate to have a good experience ... after all the current Canadian Rube ... spineless Trudeau who is a lackey of the NWO is very busy turning Canada into a REAL SHITHOLE with his kissing the Muslim bottoms as they thrust them up praying to Mecca. Canada is changing and not for the better due to the sponsored muslim Invasion. After all look at the Crime Storie in London since they "elected a Muslim Mayor. Good to see you back !
#287635 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm
Just had to throw your political crapola into the MUSIC section of the forum, didn't you, Vamp? :roll:
#287694 by Vampier
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 pm
Well ... you throw "your Crapola" all over the Forum. That is the beauty of it ... Free Expression.
#287706 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Just had to throw your political crapola into the MUSIC section of the forum, didn't you, Vamp? :roll:

Mike you are so fuccking untruthful .
You are one of the biggest fuccking liars up here.

I love you dude..
You provide entertainment.
#287732 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Just had to throw your political crapola into the MUSIC section of the forum, didn't you, Vamp? :roll:

Mike you are so fuccking untruthful .
You are one of the biggest fuccking liars up here.

I love you dude..
You provide entertainment.

You really are an ASSSSSHHOOOLLLLEEEE, aren't you Glennnnny? Got to stick up for your butt-buddy Vamp, even when it's painfully obvious that he was spewing his crap in the 'General Music' section of the forum. And what's the "untruthful" part of anything I posted in this thread? NOTHING!