This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287102 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 am
Can't really think of anything, so here's my favorite band on a rare appearance on German tv with an even rarer 2nd guitarist. I'm going to see them live right now for the 22nd time in 24 years. Wish me luck!

https://youtu.be/t-nmcfiC3nM
#287118 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 pm
that was bitching, schmed. really dug it! and what PERFECTLY effective use of cowbell from the drummer bringing it in and out at different spots.... provides great fwd motion!

how was the show?

damn, i want that bass, or at least to play it, or sniff it....no, scratch that last one.

that's totally badass, and i never saw, or thought of that possibility.... a FENDER J or P neck on a Dan-o-lectric (or Dan-o style) Longhorn body. cool because the actual Longhorn Dan-o's have a short scale neck. I've always jonesed for a "back in the day" Dan-o Longhorn. they're definitely on my short list of coolest basses ever.

MT...make sure you check this one out!
#287122 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:20 pm
Great show as usual. This album and tour they have both of their latest bassists (they switch that member a lot) so this is the same song with Steve from Redd Kross on the right on lead bass and Jeff from the Butthole Surfers on rhythm bass on the left. Clip from the start of the tour in San Diego.

https://youtu.be/VQEfMxps_J0

Kevin just sold one of the longhorn basses on eBay and could sell the other one someday soon to support his new band hepa-Titus. Keep an eye out. He was the bassist for the Cows for a decade or two. Very interesting noise punk band with lots of slide bass (which he brought to the Melvins from 98-05) and a singer who played bugle solos. :lol:
#287226 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 pm
Finally had some time to watch some of these videos, The Melvins were good, I'd never heard of them.
The lead guitar player was playing the lead line from 867-5309, kinda wrong

I don't know much about basses (but I hate heavy ones), this one looks like a Fender.

Standing ovation on the Midnight Special after this performance, (but everybody played good on the Midnight Special)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q
#287235 by Planetguy
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 pm
glad i checked that one out!

FOCUS was one of my fave bands back in da day. and this was my favorite lineup (they had a few different drummers and bassists).

Jan Akkerman (gtr) remains one of my favorite gtrsts...funny cos' i've never been a fan of "notey" gtr playing but his playing always had some real interesting twists and turns and humor to. I have their first 5 or 6 albums on vinyl and tho they were amazing musicians, after JA left the band to pursue a solo career, the band didn't hold the same appeal for me.

excellent choice AV!!!

and yes, that's a late 60's or early 70's FENDER Jazz Bass that Burt Rueter is playing. Those big block inlays give it away.
#287587 by JCP61
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:56 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:JCP61 been a long time

yea, couple of years I think,
just thought i would check in & see what people have been up to;

how have you been?