This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286236 by J-HALEY
Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 pm
This question is for folks that use them or know about them.
Basically my question is what kind of tremolo system do you have on your Strat style Guitar and why?
I am asking because one of my Strats (favorite) won’t stay in tune and I know it is because the tremolo is flat worn out. Thanks in advance.
#286262 by Cajundaddy
Sun May 13, 2018 8:02 pm
I know... Not the answer you want to hear Jeff but I hard-tailed 3 of my guitars for just the reason you describe. I could not keep em in tune and when doing a 2 note string bend I was unable to keep them consistently on pitch. Now my Strat stays in tune really well even in changing weather conditions and that simplifies my life.

In talking to my guitar tech, he likes the Fender USA trem and says they can be dialed-in to stay in tune pretty well but need regular adjustments and lubrication on the mating surfaces. Jeff Beck certainly makes the most of his.
#286263 by MikeTalbot
Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm
I got my strat second hand (Lonestar with HSS) and the previous owner had modified it quite a bit. Has standard strat tem bar tied to a very heavy bridge (don't know mfg) and that thing stays in tune pretty darn well, particularly for a strat.

Talbot
#286265 by schmedidiah
Sun May 13, 2018 9:14 pm
Find out what Ritchie Blackmore used in Deep Purple. He sounded like he was trying to destroy his guitars in his solos with the vibrato bar. If that worked for him....
#286276 by pat1070106
Mon May 14, 2018 3:41 pm
I have been playing G&L guitars since 1980. The tremolo system they use does not go out of tune even when whammied all the way down or up. I have a number of strats and odd makes they all go out of tune.
Locking tuners and hit every surface the strings touch with graphite, bridge, nut, string tension holder. GHS Boomers seem to be the best strings I have used for tremolo systems.