This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285940 by michael1280790
Mon May 07, 2018 11:10 am
Hey folks

it seems to me that we have a thread for just about every prog metal band of note , there's threads for Power Metal , melodic rock/AOR , Thrash (not active) and a few classic metal bands like Accept, Judas Priest etc..... have their own threads but for the most part there's a big gap when it comes to a general thread/discussion on classic hard rock and metal and uh.........I hope to fill it ;D ::) When I say "classic" hard rock and metal I'm talking about bands both past and present that play rock and metal in a style that was popular from late 70's through early 90's before the epidemic of flannelette flu devastated the music world.

Hopefully a few of the fogeys and fogeys-in- waiting who followed my Top 50 will use this thread to help to keep the discussion going here. So Chad, Kade, Paul, Tim, JJ , King ,Gaz etc......get yo' asses over here and get posting

So from now on there's no need to chat melodic metal/hard rock and so forth in the AOR thread (as a few of us do) and as far as I'm concerned this thread can encompass everything from hair metal/bluesy hard rock through to the more melodic end of thrash like Megadeth/Metallica . Some bands have their own threads of course and there's inevitably some crossover between melodic rock/hard rock etc..... but at least now there can be a place for just general chat.

Seeing as I've started the thread I'll try and take some ownership over keeping things humming and so at least once or twice a month I intend to go back into the archives and post some scans of everything from music magazine covers , rare albums/merchandise , concert photos (TAC posted some goodies in my Top 50) and memorabilia. Hopefully we can stir up some good memories. My memorabilia collection is rather heavily weighted towards Van Halen but I'll do my best - hopefully others can contribute in that regard from time to time and lessen the reliance on me - even if it's just a cool shirt or something.

I've stumbled up a step ladder earlier today and found a few mags to get me started (back with that in the next day or so once I've done some scans ) . In the meantime here's a nice item of kitchenware I like to serve nibblies in

For More Details:
Creative video marketing studio
#285947 by schmedidiah
Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm
michael1280790 wrote: So Chad, Kade, Paul, Tim, JJ , King ,Gaz etc......get yo' asses over here and get posting

who? do you think you just tagged these folks? never heard of any of them. :roll:

michael1280790 wrote:
it seems to me that we have a thread for just about every prog metal band of note , there's threads for Power Metal , melodic rock/AOR , Thrash (not active) and a few classic metal bands like Accept, Judas Priest etc..... have their own threads .
we do? they do? what? :o

michael1280790 wrote:
So from now on there's no need to chat melodic metal/hard rock and so forth in the AOR thread (as a few of us do) and as far as I'm concerned this thread can encompass everything from hair metal/bluesy hard rock through to the more melodic end of thrash like Megadeth/Metallica . Some bands have their own threads of course and there's inevitably some crossover between melodic rock/hard rock etc..... but at least now there can be a place for just general chat.
you're serious? :lol:
michael1280790 wrote:
I've stumbled up a step ladder earlier today and found a few mags to get me started (back with that in the next day or so once I've done some scans ) . In the meantime here's a nice item of kitchenware I like to serve nibblies in

For More Details:
Creative video marketing studio

ah. you're selling us something. great! :mrgreen: