This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285906 by craigpavone
Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 pm
Is anyone here on LinkedIn? I started a group called Realindie in order to bring artists and fans together. If you're in favor of this idea, feel free to join us and spread the word. Thank you for your time.

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5128635
#285911 by schmedidiah
Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 am
Never considered joining LinkedIn but this thing about the groups has me intrigued. Has to be at least as good as this dumb place, right? Or not suck as much? :mrgreen:
#285917 by craigpavone
Sun May 06, 2018 5:05 pm
I like LinkedIn, I believe it's better than Facebook. I also think Bandmix is ok, although it hasn't changed much. The problem I see is that musicians and fans are spread out among too many websites. My idea is to try to unite them all in one place with a different approach to social networking.
#285929 by MikeTalbot
Sun May 06, 2018 10:38 pm
I have an old, festering account on LinkedIn from my IT days. Been thinking about revisiting to flog my books and see what's up on the music element. Just hadn't realized it had morphed out into those areas.

Talbot
#285942 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Can one set up different LinkedIn accounts (I doubt it)? That would be the problem for anyone not a full-time musician, as all of a sudden your 'professional' profile (i.e. what you do for a real living) would now have your music stuff associated with it.
#285966 by craigpavone
Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 pm
GuitarMikeB, I don't think so. I just use my account for music business networking. Some people have a mix of both on their profile.
#285975 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 08, 2018 12:27 pm
craigpavone wrote:GuitarMikeB, I don't think so. I just use my account for music business networking. Some people have a mix of both on their profile.

That's what I figured. A lot of people (bosses!) like to mine LinkedIn for data on their employees or their competition's employees, just one of the reasons I've stayed off of it.