This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285889 by DainNobody
Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 pm
It has been quite some time ago..but I vaguely remember you posting about a piece of gear you had recently acquired regarding playing your songs in a live stage setting..I think I remember this but maybe it was a dream?..the equipment As I remember it was a device in which you could take each song you would be performing and set each song with the appropriate amount of chorus or reverb or digital delay etc. And then as each tune was played you simply punched a button with foot switch to call up the pre-set FX for each as played? Maybe I am remembering this not as you talked about. But it was something to keep away from dialing in manually on the amp and stompboxes per each tune as they come up for performing..no worries no biggie but if you could maybe rehash this
#285890 by J-HALEY
Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 pm
Dayne it is made by Line 6 and is called Helix. there are 4 versions. Helix light, Helix floor, Helix rack mount, and Helix native. I highly suggest the Helix floor which is what I have. With it you don't need an amp! I don't use amps anymore. This thing has every amp and effect you can imagine including a looper.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -processor
#285892 by DainNobody
Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 pm
So the PA is working in conjunction with the Helix to bypass not having to use an amp? Or does the Helix supply its own power as an amp would?
#285893 by DainNobody
Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 pm
Nice music Jeff..it was always great but just keeps getting better..the girl singer adds a lot..don't recall seeing her in your past videos
#285894 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 04, 2018 8:41 pm
Jealous D wrote:So the PA is working in conjunction with the Helix to bypass not having to use an amp? Or does the Helix supply its own power as an amp would?

The Helix is a multi-effects unit, you have to plug it into some type of amp/speaker system.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -processor
#285903 by J-HALEY
Sat May 05, 2018 2:55 am
Mike, it is actually a modeler. The thing about Helix is it responds to your Guitar exactly like a real amp. It is uncanny how good that thing sounds.
Dayne, I am running it in stereo left and right panned hard both sides. It is direct to mixing console and I have a monitor mix which is where my guitar sound comes from. If you notice the bass player is not using an amp and the drummer is playing electronic drums we can literally turn down to the volume of a radio if we need to.
#286005 by Ancient Vegan
Wed May 09, 2018 1:32 pm
Always been a big fan of Line 6 modeling amps.
#286006 by DainNobody
Wed May 09, 2018 1:34 pm
#286016 by Planetguy
Wed May 09, 2018 4:26 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Here is a video of me using it last Saturday! "amps? where we're going we don't need amp's"

https://youtu.be/fGR6mtEUr7c

Just got around to that video. You sound great, Jeff . ( no surprise there)

Very professional promo video... That must be very helpful snagging gigs. Well done.
#286019 by Ancient Vegan
Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 pm
Good video Mr Haley, you guys sound and look good.
You got a haircut.
#286085 by J-HALEY
Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 am
Thanks guys for the kind words about the video. We have had a female singer for 2 years now. The first one had too long a commute to the gigs. This girl Kim has a long commute also but is very much a team player. She had a severe migraine that night and still did a good job.
Lynard, I cut the mullet 3 years ago it was way overdue.
Dayne, in the video of the zoom pedal they didn't talk about the effects. The reveiws did say the effects are good. I would be leary of a pedal claiming to do all of that for that small price. I have heard good things about zoom pedals and don't see many of them for resale so that's a good sign. You have a good amp, I would advise more research into the effects this and other pedals offer. if I were in the market I would get this one.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ects-pedal