This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285809 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm
I'm Alan Bradley, an older composer/guitarist from N. Madison CT.
I've been playing for about 45 years or so, and have hosted a ton of open mikes over the years . . . done some gigging . . . taught several students, copyrighted over 80 songs . . . yadda yadda . . .
Over the years I've posted on hundreds of topics, and been in probably 1000 discussions, here.
I haven't been active on Bandmix for probably a years or so, just letting folks know I'm back.
I wonder how many of the old regulars are still here, and I wonder if the Troll problem has been solved?
#285810 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 pm
Troll problem is pretty much gone, they did put a few forum improvements into place.
#285817 by schmedidiah
Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 pm
Welcome back. I always enjoyed your contributions here. Problem is.... you've announced you were back before and still gone away for extended periods of time. Don't be a stranger, eh. :D
#285842 by RhythmMan-2
Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Troll problem is pretty much gone, they did put a few forum improvements into place.

.
I'm glad to hear that; that's why I left. No one was trolling me, or anything, I was just looking for a nice place to hang out. The trolls made it too annoying.
So - life is good, now, on Bandmix?
#285843 by RhythmMan-2
Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Welcome back. I always enjoyed your contributions here. Problem is.... you've announced you were back before and still gone away for extended periods of time. Don't be a stranger, eh. :D

.
Yeah; guilty, as charged.
:)
I was around as long as the trolls weren't.
Once I saw the insults flying back and forth, I left.
I've been playing about 6-8 hours a week or so.
#285848 by Cajundaddy
Thu May 03, 2018 12:09 am
Welcome back fellow old dude. I too enjoy chatting with folks here right up until everyone starts poking each other in the eye. That's when I find better things to do. We all have common interests and experiences. Maybe we should explore that and leave the schoolyard scheit behind.

Am I right?
#285849 by schmedidiah
Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 am
Cajundaddy wrote:

Am I right?

100%
#285862 by Planetguy
Thu May 03, 2018 3:01 pm
110 %
#285919 by RhythmMan-2
Sun May 06, 2018 6:59 pm
Cajundaddy wrote:Welcome back fellow old dude. I too enjoy chatting with folks here right up until everyone starts poking each other in the eye. That's when I find better things to do. We all have common interests and experiences. Maybe we should explore that and leave the schoolyard scheit behind.

Am I right?

Sounds good to me.
#292289 by schmedidiah
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 pm
op - "I'm back"
us - "you're gone again"

:lol:
#293166 by RhythmMan-2
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:04 am
I come and go . . .
A lot of the stuff posted here is heavily biased towards heavy metal and hard rock, and - while I grew up on that stuff - my preferences have changed.
So topics on heavy metal, and who the fastest lead player is, and such . . . don't interest me as much.
I like to hear from all kinds of folks, who play all kinds of music.
I like to hear songs with unusual chords mixed in . . .
#293169 by schmedidiah
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 am
We've had a serious uptick in new members who will actually talk about all kinds of music now that most of the guys pushing the political mudslinging are gone. Let's keep pushing forward.
#293172 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
RhythmMan-2 wrote:I come and go . . .
A lot of the stuff posted here is heavily biased towards heavy metal and hard rock, and - while I grew up on that stuff - my preferences have changed.
.


Not really. Me and PlanetGuy don't play that kind of music at all, but getting areal conversation going is a 'whole 'nother story'!
#293178 by Planetguy
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:55 pm
^ that ^
#293268 by RhythmMan-2
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:50 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
RhythmMan-2 wrote:I come and go . . .
A lot of the stuff posted here is heavily biased towards heavy metal and hard rock, and - while I grew up on that stuff - my preferences have changed.
.


Not really. Me and PlanetGuy don't play that kind of music at all, but getting areal conversation going is a 'whole 'nother story'!

.
Yep.
So - okay - what style(s) of music did you play in the first 2-3 years you were playing.
And what style(s) do you play now?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests