This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285577 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:36 pm
Sorry, this is confusing. Where does music come into play with this 'art installation'?
#285583 by Planetguy
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 pm
"have i run into a situation like this"????

well, with the details and parameters you outlined, uh....no.

but, i have run into people who are controlling, insecure, have an over inflated idea about what THEY are bringing to the table, and who have unrealistic expectations about what they feel is their is due w regards to what THEY have to offer.

the person you describe sounds like someone i'd avoid at all costs were they not extremely off the charts talented.... and/or they were paying me a shit-ton of money to put up w their BS.
#285625 by schmedidiah
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:53 am
Whatever he said, the answer is simple and you have to know this to get through life. Cut the dead weight loose. Anyone with a chip on their shoulder and/ or isn't pulling their own weight has gotta go.
#287154 by Cajundaddy
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:15 pm
Still totally confused about this situation but artsy dude sounds like a loose cannon, and I tend to avoid loose cannons like anthrax, yellow fever, and malaria. If artsy dude cannot be avoided... Run Forrest run!
#287155 by schmedidiah
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:32 pm
Visual arts with music can be good to great. They never make or break the experience for me because I'm all about the music. The deal with visual accompaniment to a musical act is that they have to be done 100% right and professionally or they take away from everything you the musician worked your butt off for. You could be remembered for some disaster you had nothing to do with and even worse, someone catches it on their phone and then it's viral. I don't think this is worth the risk with an erratic power tripper who you currently aren't on speaking terms with.
#287217 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:32 pm
I agree Robert, but it's all in how you do it.

The last 10 years I've found it's easier to just walk off into the sunset, without saying a word.
Then tell them to phuk off in the privacy of my home, cause really no one wants to hear
phuk off.