This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285215 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm
well, of course....that IS present company excluded, DP. i've no doubt you possess the requisite skills and sensitivity to pull it off great aplomb!*

*(Planetguy hedging his bets should he ever need a loan or a kidney from DP)
#285216 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm
As most already guessed, though certainly not everyone, this thread was made in jest. Pterodactyls only steal iPads never cell phones, you should have learned that in 6th earth science class years ago.

Some people just really love to argue no matter the obvious absurdity of the point being argued. Get it together guys ffs.
Last edited by Strings N Hammers on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#285217 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:52 pm
who's arguing?

merely trying to run w the premise of two keyboardists and converse on that subject.

if that doesn't work for you,and if you have nothing serious to offer on the subject.....continue w the schtick. let me guess...like that pterodactyl, you just flew in and your arms are tired, right? 8)
#285218 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:56 pm
Planetguy wrote:who's arguing?

merely trying to run w the premise of two keyboardists and converse on that subject.

if that doesn't work for you,and if you have nothing serious to offer on the subject.....continue w the schtick. let me guess...like that pterodactyl, you just flew in and your arms are tired, right? 8)

The guilty parties in this thread knows who they are.. pointing them out by name is just uncivilized imo..
#285223 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm
In the Beatles tribute band I was in (courtesy of this place) years ago, we had 3 guitars/2 keyboards - but that's because me and one other guitarist also doubled on keys when needed.

Since the OP is/was a keyboardist, I knew the thread was started in (frustrated) jest. That's ok, keyboard guy, not all the guitarists get the girls either. :mrgreen:
#285225 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote: That's ok, keyboard guy, not all the guitarists get the girls either. :mrgreen:

Aw, Mike...everyone knows it's the vibist who pulls all the chicks! 8)
#285233 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:.

Since the OP is/was a keyboardist, I knew the thread was started in (frustrated) jest. That's ok, keyboard guy, not all the guitarists get the girls either. :mrgreen:

I've been with the same woman for 15 years, it's not exactly like if mad ass starts falling from the sky tomorrow it will have much impact on my life. I'll just continue to receive the same old stale "rations" as always and that's perfectly ok with me. . Being single again sounds like alot of work and I hate work. :(
#285461 by MotoMike1961
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am
This entire thread just makes me scratch my head. There are many benefits to have 2 keyboard players. The band I currently play with has 2 keyboard players; one plays a 2-manual Hammond XK-5 Organ and the other plays all acoustic/electric pianos, strings, synth leads, etc. . It sounds frigging amazing and provides a HUGE foundation to the entire band which happens to also have 5 horn players.

Two keyboard players can work well in a band as long as you coordinate the sounds and parts that each play.

Mike
#285478 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm
michael1131325 wrote:This entire thread just makes me scratch my head. There are many benefits to have 2 keyboard players. The band I currently play with has 2 keyboard players; one plays a 2-manual Hammond XK-5 Organ and the other plays all acoustic/electric pianos, strings, synth leads, etc. . It sounds frigging amazing and provides a HUGE foundation to the entire band which happens to also have 5 horn players.

Two keyboard players can work well in a band as long as you coordinate the sounds and parts that each play.

Mike

Sorry man, I'm going to have to step in and sort of disagree with you here. I asked the other keyboard player in my band what he thought and he said "two keyboard players are hella ghey."

Those are his words not mine, plus he sorta looks like he knows what he's doing so I'm just going to take his word for it. He has a really impressive beard.

Also you simply must tell us more stories about your band. Do you guys wear fancy outfits? What other instruments do people play? Please tell me someone plays the accordion or the xlophone, it would really just make my day to hear that
#285489 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:07 pm
Planetguy wrote:"Xylophone"????

i play these.....do they count? I mean......people do often mistakenly call them a "xylophone".

I'm not sure what those things are called either (don't tell me it will ruin the moment), but I can tell you I'm getting an erection just looking at them. My work here now appears to be complete.

God Speed!
#285490 by Vampier
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:55 pm
Two Keyboardists ? Well People have spare tires. I would be exceedingly pleased if I could find a talented beautiful Female Keyboardist who can sing like Lisa Gerrard and lives for Art, Travel and Humanity. She need not be rich. They say if you are to "dream" then DREAM BIG.

Of course I would settle for an ugly socially dysfunctional brilliant male maniac who cares only about MUSIC and creating it.