This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285097 by MikeTalbot
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 am
Traveled with a pal to a roadhouse deep in rural GA last night, almost to the Alabama line. The pickup trucks in the parking lot outnumbered cars by three to one. The chicks danced in cowboy boots. The guys were good ole boys but we grinned at each other and it was working.

It was a blast. I'm not getting out enough! The band had enough energy for two bands and the chick singer combined punk with Gretchen Wilson and that girl could dance. There were moments when I couldn't breathe! :)

I chatted with the bass player (we knew these guys) and I mentioned that he might need some more bottom. He grinned at me and said, "I can deliver that!" He'd been playing a J-Bass but He got out a Fender P-Bass with a reb flag on the back of it and he got that thing done. It was southern rock the way it's supposed to be. And yeah, there were black folks in the place too - we get along down here in Dixie.

i was inspired as I always am when that P-bass cut through all of it, and that drummer was wailing (I'd jammed with him previously and loved him).

To my credit I drank just enough and no more!

Talbot
#285098 by Planetguy
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:21 am
I'm jealous MT. You say YOU'RE "not getting out enough".... Damn, w my sched I NEVER get out to see local bands playing unless I m doing one of those multiple band gigs and tho I did one one of those last wk playing w two of the four bands on the bill.., I tend to avoid those gigs.

I just got home from a rockabilly gig and doing the wind down bit.

I'm a big fan of the mighty P Bass but I wonder why he couldn't dial in the low end booty on that J Bass. I've always been able to dial in plenty of low end growl on a J Bass.

Thanks for sharing that and always being there at the ready to talk music. 8)
#285104 by schmedidiah
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 am
Sounds great. Hoping to catch some live music this week although a bit heavier.