This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284974 by Mike_krunch
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 am
I do a search for vocalist and the dudes profile pic is him behind a drum set, and another guy playing bass, another guy with no picture, another guy who list vocals violin and keyboard. My search was for a Metal vocalist. Admins is it possible that musicians can list their instruments in order of their priority??? I mean if you sing back up ok but I need a lead vocalist and there is no way I'm going to have time to sift through all of this.
#284975 by schmedidiah
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:37 am
This site features some of the dumbest and most outdated software anyone has ever seen. Doubtful they could change it even if they wanted to. :roll:
#284976 by Mike_krunch
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:42 am
And what is it with guys that don't respond back WTF??? I mean if you're gonna go through all the trouble to build a profile, upload pics, links etc at least respond to a message.
#284977 by schmedidiah
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:39 am
Lots of reasons. Laziness. Started something they can't finish. Found someone and didn't bother to change their status. Never taught any manners. Poor people skills. Just plain rude.
#284986 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:38 pm
What Schmedd said ^^^^ It's also important to look and see the 'last active' date - if its more than a month, don't bother with them. Some people have their profiles set to not send an email notice when they get a PM, so unless they come to the site, they'll never see it.
But its not just here. Same thing happens with CL ads. People respond, or you send them an email, and they might respond one time, you send links, etc, and you never hear again - WTF? At least a 'sorry, not a match' could be sent.
#285001 by MikeTalbot
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 pm
Many of us have found players but it takes more work than it seems like it should. You'll see a vocalist who plays bass, lead and trombone and wonder what the guy is really looking for.

I agree with schmed though, the software could surely stand some modernization.

cheers
Talbot
#285041 by Planetguy
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:42 pm
worst of all...why is it with all the people who list bagpipes as an instrument they play.....i can never find one worth a damn?

i know that if i could only find one to play in my jazz, bluegrass, and rockabilly bands....THEN we could actually get some gigs! 8)
#285046 by Mordgeld
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm
Hmm. My pic is me on guitar but if I were closer, I could be convinced to "sing" metal lead. I would respond too. However, I do not have the option set in my profile that says looking to join a band. Not sure if other people realize you can do this. It may be that they checked "no" on that option and aren't really looking. If you check the "Seeking Musicians/Bands" on the advanced search, maybe that will at least filter out the folks who aren't interested in a new opportunity but I'm not positive.
#285058 by Cajundaddy
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm
It's a numbers game with the internet. Just ignore all the no-show, no-response, flakers, fakers, jokers, and no talents. Eventually over time you can find good fits for your project but the S/N ratio is extremely low. Be patient and wait for the right one.