This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284779 by Cajundaddy
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 pm
We had a very recent lineup shuffle due to the illness of one of our key members and this was our first show with the new talent. It was a fancy 5 star resort in Indian Wells CA (near Palm Springs) and we had no idea what the crowd would be like. I had butterflies as we counted off the first song but man... everybody sounded great! Good energy on stage and everyone filled out the songs like we had been together for years. Yay! I love it when a plan comes together!

The crowd was mostly families ranging in age from 5-70 and with a dozen kids dancing, we started dedicating songs to each of them. After a while we had a bunch of kids join us on stage playing percussion instruments to Santana, and got a 21st birthday girl up there for the Beatles version of Happy Birthday. It was one big groove from beginning to end and those resort folks tipped very well. So much fun playing in a nice room with good stage and lighting, to an appreciative crowd. More please!

Video was shot but I haven't seen it yet. I plan post the good stuff when it shows up.
#284786 by Planetguy
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:25 am
Glad to hear the new lineup got it done, CDad!

The good part of a great gig is you get to savor it after it's over.

Lookin' fwd to that video. 8)
#284788 by J-HALEY
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:06 am
Rock on, very happy for you!
#284790 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:49 pm
Excellent!

'Triiogy' had a good show last night, too - lots of friends came out for our final show. Other guitarist was sloppy/forgettful at times - we hadn't played together since the last gig a month ago. Now it's over, time to move on.
#284819 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:37 am
Cajundaddy wrote:We had a very recent lineup shuffle due to the illness of one of our key members and this was our first show with the new talent. It was a fancy 5 star resort in Indian Wells CA (near Palm Springs) and we had no idea what the crowd would be like. I had butterflies as we counted off the first song but man... everybody sounded great! Good energy on stage and everyone filled out the songs like we had been together for years. Yay! I love it when a plan comes together!

The crowd was mostly families ranging in age from 5-70 and with a dozen kids dancing, we started dedicating songs to each of them. After a while we had a bunch of kids join us on stage playing percussion instruments to Santana, and got a 21st birthday girl up there for the Beatles version of Happy Birthday. It was one big groove from beginning to end and those resort folks tipped very well. So much fun playing in a nice room with good stage and lighting, to an appreciative crowd. More please!

Video was shot but I haven't seen it yet. I plan post the good stuff when it shows up.

Great to see you back.
Can't wait to see your video!
#284896 by J-HALEY
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:18 pm
Very cool, I enjoyed the video! You have a good voice too Brother!
#284900 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Good job! And good vcls on BMW. That youtube should make a good addition to your "promo pack".
#284905 by Cajundaddy
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm
Thanks for the props guys.
This was a last minute band lineup shuffle so we chose songs everyone has played at least 1000 times, did one 2 hr rehearsal and Bam! Two of the requests, Birthday and LaBamba we had not rehearsed together at all but did a quickie woodshed backstage so we were all in the same key at least. Great fun playing with others who know how to get it done.