This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284824 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm
It's all 'what's between the ears'. Look at Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Ian Anderson, Todd Rundgren, Ian Hunter, Alice Cooper - all getting 'up there' and still rocking.
#284828 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:01 pm
I'm 2 old
#284837 by Displaced Pianist
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:35 pm
Seems I'm too old, as well--at least relative to others. No one ever guesses my age within ~20 years...until we talk for a bit and discover the frame of reference is completely different. I was hangin' w/ some neighbors--all in their 30s--on Saturday and didn't recognize any of the tunes they had on their i-phones (which I don't even have). In turn, they had never heard of Jeff Beck, Steely Dan, Rundgren, Dave Brubeck (altho they had heard of jazz--from grandpa)...the only name they recognized was Hendrix. So the playlist was all about bitches n' ho's, life in da 'hood, livin' the gangsta life and whatever boy bands go on about.

I went in to check out the b-ball game. Never saw a team drop so many 3-pointers. And given my advanced chronology, I've seen lots of March Madness.
#284886 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:01 pm
Sure didn't feel dead when I ran 7 miles this morning
#284892 by schmedidiah
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Why don't we do it in the road ......in front of the retirement home? :lol:
#284912 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:It's all 'what's between the ears'. Look at Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Ian Anderson, Todd Rundgren, Ian Hunter, Alice Cooper - all getting 'up there' and still rocking.

Yea, but what makes them "too old" is no one wants to hear their NEW records.