This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284308 by barry1037755
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 pm
I have been using this site. I have sent numerous invitations and do not get the courtesy of a response. Those that do respond say they are already with a band.
My question is why do they remain on in the system wanting a band to join. Some agree to meet and greet then turn around with a flimsy excuse or out right lie why they will not show 2 day after we have worked on their song list. Looks to me like this should be for those seriously looking only.
#284316 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm
Yeah. Glenny can't insult your music if you don't post it! :lol:
#284319 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 pm
barry1037755 wrote:I have been using this site. I have sent numerous invitations and do not get the courtesy of a response. Those that do respond say they are already with a band.
My question is why do they remain on in the system wanting a band to join. Some agree to meet and greet then turn around with a flimsy excuse or out right lie why they will not show 2 day after we have worked on their song list. Looks to me like this should be for those seriously looking only.

The answer is pretty simple. They don't want to join.

We're all at varying levels of ability, professionalism, and desire. Most "musicians" on here are hobbyists, and not really wanting to "work". Just learning cover tunes is too much work for them, creating something original is way beyond the scope of their ability and desire.

If you do not yet have some original music recorded that needs to sound like the recording, I'd suggest joining a band that's already formed and moving that (original) direction. It may take you a while to fit the personality of the band and then start influencing their direction, but it's probably a lot shorter process than starting from scratch.

Good luck with that, btw.
#284321 by Planetguy
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 pm
^ that!^
#284329 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:35 pm
What they ^^^^ said. Get some sample music and/or video on your profile. You don't even have a gig picture, just one of BM's generic avatars - that's a sure sign (to me) of someone with no experience (or at least RECENT experience).

Response rates to BM or Craigslist ads are about 1 in 20 (when YOU have enough info in your ad). 3/4 of the people who send an initial inquiry never get back to you after you send more info (links, song list, etc). Makes it easier to sort he wheat from the chaff, just like if someone does not have any examples of their music available (recordings/videos).