This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284181 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 am
That story was definitely not intended to insult your vibe playing at all.
I could hunt and peck with one mallet . Put 2 in my hands I'm in trouble....

Put 4 in my hands... Anyone that has to listen to me is in trouble. :lol:
#284190 by Planetguy
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 pm
Pls tell me that wasn't your takeaway from my post.... That I felt "insulted" in some way.

No insult nor offense was given so none was taken

I grow weary of having to defend, justify, further explain, or try to convince you " I DON'T HATE YOU".

Instead I'd prefer talking music.

Thanks for sharing the GB story..

When we moved to MO back in '84 I was worried about what the music scene would be like.within a month I was playing in both a Rockabilly band and an excellent jazz/variety band.

In that first yr we got to see GB, Milt Jackson, Terry Gibbs, and Jerry Tachoir....four of my favorite vibists.

Was disappointed w the MJ gig because Freddie Hubbard was supposed to be there but couldn't because of "health reasons" (read: drugs). But of course, MJ was great.

The next yr I got to see him again when the Modern Jazz Quartet played the Sheldon Theatre in St.
Louis ( great venue ) . The concert that night was fantastic but the best part was individual workshops put on during the day by both MJ and the great John Lewis.
#284223 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 pm
That was not an attack on you in any way PG. I do care that you are talking about some of these other vibes players.

I love the instrument, but it takes a that sort of talent to even play as good as you. Those players are just amazing. I actually listen to them all the time, right along with DEF LEOPARD. I'm not the stupid ninny you want to make me out to be... That's the whole part about you that is so interesting.

The problem is you just don't like me... Get in line... I have twice as many that love me... So it falls under the category of not my problem.
Got to go let the piggy in... He's cold.
#284228 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 am
Planetguy wrote:Pls tell me that wasn't your takeaway from my post.... That I felt "insulted" in some way.

No insult nor offense was given so none was taken

I grow weary of having to defend, justify, further explain, or try to convince you " I DON'T HATE YOU".

Instead I'd prefer talking music

Since I haven't said it in the last five minutes...perhaps I should reiterate.... I don't hate you.

Nor do i think you are a ninny.

I do wonder sometimes if English is not your first language.

And I do find it sad that you can't get thru even one "musical post" w/o you careening sideways.

As you like to say.... "Not my problem". 8)
#284231 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 am
OK! Do you have some references to some of these other players. Seriously. They pass through the music channel so quickly I can't find out who it was.

Did you know Wes Montgomery loved his LC5. These guitars are not cheap. Go look em up.

I am sure any VIBE set up is very expensive. I understand.

I'm just trying to cross reference some of the great players you know

As much as this is stretched.I don't have one problem with you....

WANA FIGHT? I"M IN!

BIG SMILE!

won't read the anyway.
#284236 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:51 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:OK! Do you have some references to some of these other players. Seriously. They pass through the music channel so quickly I can't find out who it was.

Do I have "references"???

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean recommendations?
#284238 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Go listen to some more Def Leppard :lol:
#284246 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Go listen to some more Def Leppard :lol:

I think I will...
Is that a problem ?
I am going back to watching some of Marks videos...
Is that a problem?
#284247 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 am
I will right them down and pass them on.

I guess what amazes met about some of the four mallet players is their creativity. COOOL!!!!