This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284045 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Bandcamp is free to set up, they just take a percentage of your sales $$. Not bad deal, because they take care of all the credit card or PayPal work.
CDBaby charges between $29 (when on sale) and $49 per album - this is for online digital distribution, and they put the music on websites like iTunes, AppleMusic and Spotify (and lots of others). TuneCore is similar to CDBaby, but they charge a slightly lower fee - but its an annual charge.
#284054 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Bandcamp is free to set up, they just take a percentage of your sales $$. Not bad deal, because they take care of all the credit card or PayPal work.
CDBaby charges between $29 (when on sale) and $49 per album - this is for online digital distribution, and they put the music on websites like iTunes, AppleMusic and Spotify (and lots of others). TuneCore is similar to CDBaby, but they charge a slightly lower fee - but its an annual charge.

Valuable information. Pay attention to what Mike is writing. EXCELLENT INFO!!!!!
#284095 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 pm
Oh, in addition, CDBaby has a 'Pro level' album release, too, which supposedly collects additional outside-USA revenues, but costs $79, I think.
#284148 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:20 am
Joel Clyde wrote:No question. Distrokid.com is the absolute best. They will get your music on to most popular sites, such as Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Google Music, Pandora, FMradio.com, Soundcloud, and more. Their fees are very nominal, and they have done a great job on my music.

Man I knew, I knew you from a few years ago.
All I'm gonna say is your music is really cool and everyone should support you.
Yeah it ain't rock star quality, but I understand the real quality.

Thank you Joel Clyde for being the Man you are... Even more... Sharing your MUSIC!