This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283998 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 pm
Yeah but don't get pissed off if you ask for an opinion and it is not the reply you were looking for.
That is just part of life.
I believe that was actually the biggest part of what Mark was saying. Hence Mr Haley had to agree.

Have any of you pluckers actually spent 10 minutes to listen to how GOOD JEFF PLAYS!

Probably not... I HAVE. I have also listened music from Just about anyone that post's anything here.
Some of the music is world class. Some is OK.
But if you call me an asshole because I don't like the crap you posted... It probably is not good.Real life .
#284007 by Planetguy
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Yeah but don't get pissed off if you ask for an opinion and it is not the reply you were looking for.
That is just part of life.
I believe that was actually the biggest part of what Mark was saying. Hence Mr Haley had to agree.

Uh, no.

Not so much so . At all.
#284013 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 am
Uh YES.

Not everyone can be an NFL QB.

Not everyone can be a rock star.

You will never be a rockstar. Neither will I.

But I am getting over the frustrations of losing friends, musical friends. I had my shot at the money to do it.
I was 26 years old with a band of brothers that followed me into all sorts of hell.

The money didn't want any of my brothers. Laughing.. They really were not hollywood.
I turned it down. It only took me 2 minutes.

Silly as it sounds I was was once young and beautiful. Anyone seen pictures of YOD??

The point being My name is not known. I have loved playing in all sorts of bands.

When you say "UH NO"... Mark I respect you... You should really go give some respect to TED...

ONE OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS I HAVE EVER MET!
#284019 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:22 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:If it sounds bad, it is bad.
If it sounds good it is good .
Notice I only used four capitals.
:lol:

eadgbe.

all you have to do is get your tuners out.

If your guitar still sounds like crap... It's because you missed a whole explanation I gave 8 years ago.

If you really want to learn how these top techs tune a guitar... I only charge 400 bucks for the 1 hour lesson.

Call me at 8675309 ask for Jennie.
#284022 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:11 am
I have checked out videos of Haley playing. And complimented him on them. And he still ignored me. Because, well.... That's his deal. Maybe he has his head up his posterior. He's a good cover musician but that racket would drive me up the wall. Yes Glen, I posted my music. Yes, you're free to like it or dislike it for any reason you see fit. The difference here is you hated on it, then started this new campaign where "you love everyone's Music here and you're so glad we all post it here" (paraphrasing). You're full of it. Caught red handed. Give it up. :lol:
#284029 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:12 am
You know Schemed you are posting on the non musical side of this forum.
Stick to touting your great music on loud cloud.DO IT ON THE MUSIC SIDE AND DON'T CONFUSE YOUR OPINIONS .

Other than that... Have a good life!
#284030 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 am
Jealous D wrote:Geez Schmed..you know well your music is the best here..look at the likes..shares..plays..reposts it gets..that is all the proof I need

It is the best music we have ever listened too!
#284033 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:57 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:You know Schemed you are posting on the non musical side of this forum.
Stick to touting your great music on loud cloud.DO IT ON THE MUSIC SIDE AND DON'T CONFUSE YOUR OPINIONS .

Other than that... Have a good life!

this is the General Music Chat section. you finally got something right and then...... :roll:

:lol:
#284035 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:41 pm
Hey pg nobody was saying what you think is a real musician or not.

Likes, posts, shares, sells, radio playtime, ascap payments, are all ways are current society
judges your musical ability, like it or not. They don't come and ask you, they go to the sources we've
been using in the current music period.

"obsessing on that silliness" is one way to look at it, or if your driven it could mean goals, and the little
steps along the way to reach these goals.

The only way to measure "YOUR worth as a musician" to believe in yourself, well to measure your wealth today it is
customarily done with likes, shares, posts, sales, airtime, the amount of dollars you can command at a venue.

That is so cool that none of that means anything to you, it does to alot of musicians, why do you think so many
are trying to make it in the music INDUSTRY.

You don't worry one iota and waste zero time obsessing over who I can play better than, yet to quote you
"And I'll gladly waste as much time as required to call you and you out as a liars when you pull that crap"
Sounds like you need to reevaluate your priorities.

It's great your not worried about any of the trappings of the music business to confirm your musical worth.
They call it a business for a reason, they measure success. If you want industry accepted success you should gear
your goals towards what the industry claims to be successful. If not continue being a star on this forum and the
venues you currently play at.
#284037 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:54 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Hey pg nobody was saying what you think is a real musician or not.

it's called conversation, lynard....and if i choose to take it somewhere that YOU have trouble seeing the connect to, or you can't see the correlation, you're too confused to find the link to....that's YOUR problem. just try to follow along the best you can. and look...ME going there allowed YOU the op to follow up w some lame attempt at another slam. so, see.....it did open the door to further conversation. :wink:

Likes, posts, shares, sells, radio playtime, ascap payments, are all ways are current society
judges your musical ability, like it or not. They don't come and ask you, they go to the sources we've
been using in the current music period.

again...that's YOUR OPINION. mine (and other's) do differ.
by THAT definition Taylor Swift is a better musician than John Scofield. How silly.

"obsessing on that silliness" is one way to look at it, or if your driven it could mean goals, and the little
steps along the way to reach these goals.

yes..if your GOAL is to make as much money as possible in the music BUSINESS. But not so if your goal is to produce the best music, or what any particular artist sees as their best music. Not so if your GOAL is to be the best you can be on your instrument.

Not everyone plays music music to make a lot of money. And that being the case....POPULARITY...what YOU use to measure success... is not relevant to how someone else defines "successful".

You are using MONEY and POPULARITY as your yardstick of "success"...your choice. But it ain't mine, nor is it the yardstick for lots of great musicians who are doing what they love...playing music regularly for people who enjoy listening to it.....even if those musicians are NOT selling as many units as Taylor Swift. I consider Pat Martino just as succesful (actually waaaaaay more so) than T.S..... if you can't figure out why that is....keep working on it. But don't hurt yourself.

The only way to measure "YOUR worth as a musician" to believe in yourself, well to measure your wealth today it is
customarily done with likes, shares, posts, sales, airtime, the amount of dollars you can command at a venue.

that's nothing more than POPULARITY. i bet you thought the most "popular" kid in school was also the BEST too.

That is so cool that none of that means anything to you, it does to alot of musicians, why do you think so many
are trying to make it in the music INDUSTRY.

to each his own. not everyone who is in a band is ready, and willing to whatever it takes (sell out) to be POPULAR. many play music to express themselves and share their visions, their art, their politics.....and if they can can make a buck at it.....or even support themselves w enough money to afford to do that.....they're cool w it. and no doubt many of them would consider themselves "successful" for being able to do what they love. you'd argue the point (you LOVE to argue) but i wouldn't. Because your definition of "success" is based solely on MONEY EARNED and POPULARITY.

look, we get it....they're not making a lot of money...not everyone knows their name....and that means they're NOT SUCCESSFUL IN LYNARDS VIEW. Good for you....enjoy your view, and ballhoo it all you like. i'll do the same (and enjoy a good chuckle each time that i do, seeing how it bugs the crap out of you!)

almost as good for a laugh, and as enjoyable as you watching you lose your $hit every time someone uses the quote function in a reply! :lol:

You don't worry one iota and waste zero time obsessing over who I can play better than, yet to quote you
"And I'll gladly waste as much time as required to call you and you out as a liars when you pull that crap"
Sounds like you need to reevaluate your priorities.

whether it's you looking to pick fights w me over my views that differ from your's, or it's you wasting your time going thru my old posts to quote me.....or it's me, "wasting" MY time calling out those who lie about Mike's and my gigs.....we all choose what we'll waste time on, eh? Priorities..it's whuts fer dinner. :wink:

It's great your not worried about any of the trappings of the music business to confirm your musical worth.

LOL...yeah...it's plainly obvious just how "great" you think that is! :lol: No, that bugs you to no end for some reason...but what ever floats yer boat, pal.

They call it a business for a reason, they measure success. If you want industry accepted success you should gear
your goals towards what the industry claims to be successful.

....ah, maybe there IS some slight glimmer of hope for you to comprehend this after all!

see, you gottit, right there... I'm not, nor have i EVER been looking for "industry accepted success". maybe that's why YOU picked up a gtr, but that's NEVER been why i picked up a gtr.

" gear your goals towards what the industry claims to be successful."

so i can be the next Taylor Swift??? thanks...not interested.

If not continue being a star on this forum and the
venues you currently play at.

lynard, lynard, lynard....dude, don't be such a hater. it's a bad look for you. you're the one hung up on popularity and the who's always talking up the value of "star power". me i'm happy doing what i do. accept that or don't. :wink:
#284038 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 pm
Keep punching, maybe the ref will call a draw. :lol:
#284039 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm
it's called "counter punching"....that's when you let your opponent take the first awkward and clumsy swing and you react to it. :wink:
#284042 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 pm
It's an old boxing adage.

No hate here pg, I'm just stating the facts the way the music business
currently has it set-up.

But I understand the liberal bias to vehemently attack anyone's
position that differs from you.

Hey here's a good way to tune Middle C on any piano.