This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283967 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm
it's no blues jam at a laundromat, i'll tell you that much. what am I gonna do if my music doesn't earn 5 bucks in tips from people without adequate appliances in their home?! :lol:
#283969 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm
Well you at least get the satisfaction knowing the stuff you produce and play is superior to anything else of a musical nature posted here..that's worth way more than 5 dollars..good for your ego.and that puffing up the ego might make you more healthy than the rest of us too..win win for you..
#283970 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:59 pm
good things come to people who do not give up..just take it one step at a time, don't get flustered when somebody compliments your music, much easier being nice to others rather than being rude with snarky remarks you think are clever :)
#283971 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:16 pm
now exiting Dayne's psycho passive aggressive clown world. talk to you in a few weeks Dayne. or months. or maybe years. :lol:
#283972 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:19 pm
boy, that was considerate and polite.. :)
#283974 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:31 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:Geez Schmed..you know well your music is the best here..look at the likes..shares..plays..reposts it gets..that is all the proof I need

Per your buddy Lynard, none of that means anything - only sales of your music does.
#283975 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jealous Dayne wrote:Geez Schmed..you know well your music is the best here..look at the likes..shares..plays..reposts it gets..that is all the proof I need

Per your buddy Lynard, none of that means anything - only sales of your music does.

bingo! you say something on this forum, especially when you criticise something i say about my music, be prepared to stand by your words.
#283976 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:46 pm
Mike I think likes, reposts, shares, plays, are a good way to rate a song, the next step would be sales
You gotta start somewhere, to have some physical measure

Mike like MLK Jr said "Choose peace"
#283984 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Mike I think likes, reposts, shares, plays, are a good way to rate a song, the next step would be sales
You gotta start somewhere, to have some physical measure

Mike like MLK Jr said "Choose peace"

bullshit! i'm an amateur musician making music in my garage and editing it at my dining room table. I find artists I like on the internet and ask them to collaborate. some even answer me back and we make things happen. I upload the songs on soundcloud and (some) folks actually like them.

I never claimed otherwise. why do you grumpy old men have so much trouble grasping that concept?

I make a decent living in the construction biz and support my family that way and hopefully that doesn't change any time soon. trying to make money with music in today's world seems pretty scary to me. feel free to try it yourself. i'm good.
#283985 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:17 pm
Hey Schmed you let me write half your thread, then the best you can start with is bullshit?

And then you ramble on about something that has no bearing on what I had earlier wrote.

Grumpy old man?

I've been called worse.
#283986 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Hey Schmed you let me write half your thread, then the best you can start with is bullshit?

And then you ramble on about something that has no bearing on what I had earlier wrote.

Grumpy old man?

I've been called worse.

i like the new you, bob lynyrd dylan ancient vegetarian. getting along with everyone. how's that working out? :lol:
#283987 by DainNobody
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:40 pm
Schmed, have you gotten the Planetguy endorsement? he is as honest as the day is long you know.. :)
#283988 by Planetguy
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm
everyone has their own definition of what a "real musician" is.....and i'm no exception.

my definition of a "real musician" goes something like this..... a real musician plays music for the LOVE OF PLAYING MUSIC. and a real musician SHARES his music for the love of sharing their music.

i don't play music or rate my worth and value by who I believe myself to be "better" than. (as if such a thing COULD be measured). nor do i judge my musical "success" by how many views, shares, or units i'm moving.

for some, music is just another way to compete....MY music is BETTER than your's... or... let's have a CONTEST to see who's the better player. gimme a break. :roll:

obsessing on that silliness? ....that mindset reeks of insecurity to me. just be happy with where you're at, that you have the world of music to enjoy and share with others, and leave the petty and childish competition BS aside.

don't measure YOUR worth as a musician by who you believe yourself to be "better" than.

the only person i'm "competing" against is MYSELF. improving my skills...both playing and writing is of paramount importance to me. I work hard at that and take it very seriously....because i AM a competitive person...with MYSELF when it comes to music.

i worry not one iota and waste zero time obsessing over who I can play better than. or how my tunes stack up against anyone else's.
#283991 by J-HALEY
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm
Planetguy wrote:everyone has their own definition of what a "real musician" is.....and i'm no exception.

my definition of a "real musician" goes something like this..... a real musician plays music for the LOVE OF PLAYING MUSIC. and a real musician SHARES his music for the love of sharing their music.

i don't play music or rate my worth and value by who I believe myself to be "better" than. (as if such a thing COULD be measured). nor do i judge my musical "success" by how many views, shares, or units i'm moving.

for some, music is just another way to compete....MY music is BETTER than your's... or... let's have a CONTEST to see who's the better player. gimme a break. :roll:

obsessing on that silliness? ....that mindset reeks of insecurity to me. just be happy with where you're at, that you have the world of music to enjoy and share with others, and leave the petty and childish competition BS aside.

don't measure YOUR worth as a musician by who you believe yourself to be "better" than.

the only person i'm "competing" against is MYSELF. improving my skills...both playing and writing is of paramount importance to me. I work hard at that and take it very seriously....because i AM a competitive person...with MYSELF when it comes to music.

i worry not one iota and waste zero time obsessing over who I can play better than. or how my tunes stack up against anyone else's.

Dang whats happening here? Me agree with Mark? I agree 110% with this post!
#283993 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:09 pm