This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284043 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:12 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:
But I understand the liberal bias to vehemently attack anyone's
position that differs from you.

funny, i never thought of you, glen, dayne, yod, slacker, vampier, etc as "liberals"!

say, sometime when ya get a chance...you might check out one or two of the threads and posts here.....because that's ALL you guys DO is attack those w different views! :lol:

i guess you hadn't noticed???? :lol:

no worries....i'm used to that kind of hypocrisy, your two sets of rules, and the lack of mirrors in the homes of you guys!
#284044 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:19 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I found this badass tuner ap from fender and I use it regularly on acoustic guitars ya'll should check it out.
https://www.fender.com/apps/tune-app-guitar-tuner/

Jeff, I've been using a KORG Sledgehammer Pro clip-on headstock tuner. I like it a lot better than Snarks or the D'Addario Planet Waves Mini. It's super quick and decisive deciding what pitch you're playing, and it's got a great display that can actually be seen outside on sunny days.

#284046 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I found this badass tuner ap from fender and I use it regularly on acoustic guitars ya'll should check it out.

Apps are fine for people sitting around needing to tune up. Not practical at all for live use. I've got a Korg Pitch Black on my pedal board, and use a Korg Pitchclip on my Taylor headstock (my other acoustics have tuners built into their preamps) - it's small and folds down and becomes almost invisible when playing, unlike the ugly big Snark. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... itar-tuner
#284052 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:09 am
Why didn't you post a white guy actor , Like Eastwood?

What are you?.... AN F'ING RACIST?
#284060 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

Apps are fine for people sitting around needing to tune up. Not practical at all for live use. I've got a Korg Pitch Black on my pedal board, and use a Korg Pitchclip on my Taylor headstock (my other acoustics have tuners built into their preamps) - it's small and folds down and becomes almost invisible when playing, unlike the ugly big Snark. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... itar-tuner

Mike that’s what I use the app for when I am sitting around needing to tune up an acoustic. I have a Korg tuner, a tuner in the Helix, a polytuner and I play lots of gigs using them. However I posted this link for those that may not have a tuner or folks that want a BACKUP tuner.
#284069 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:13 pm
Glen, get some fresh air

Hey pg I didn't think I was hateful with you.
The music industry has assigned measurements
to determine success Fact

Measurements have helped everything else they've been involved in
phones cars houses relationships child rearing religion.
Whose to say it wouldn't work in music?
Modern recording is done at a precise time
to take full advantage of digital capabilities

Success in music is measured check out Pollstar
And you can see the going ticket rate of the bands
currently out on tour, realtime info
I use to track ticket rates
Some really get a high dollar
why is that

pg you seem a little touchy
I'm for me on this forum
And not against you

Ancient Chinese saying:Man seeking revenge
should dig two graves
#284074 by Planetguy
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 pm
it's all good, lynard. 8)

but keep in mind the old saying "you get what you give". when you're snarky, condescending, and snippy...don't cry foul or call someone "touchy" when they give it back to you.

remarks like the one below aren't going to a generate a nice warm and fuzzy response from anyone.

ANCIENT VEGAN wrote: great your not worried about any of the trappings of the music business to confirm your musical worth.
They call it a business for a reason, they measure success. If you want industry accepted success you should gear
your goals towards what the industry claims to be successful. If not continue being a star on this forum and the
venues you currently play at.

you've stated your case expressing how YOU rate success. i've done the same. your measure of "success" is popularity, units sold, and money earned..... gottit. and i've stated my case...that there are plenty of musicians who I view as "successful" who don't qualify by the parameters of that definition.

at this point, i think we've pretty much exhausted that subject. no need to keep going round and round over the same ground on this matter. there's plenty of OTHER stuff for us to disagree about! :wink:
#284083 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:35 am
WOW!

I only put this post up because little pecker(penis) willie was mocking all of us.

Boy , this spiraled right out of control. BANDMIX has since removed a lot of HIS crap. Thank you Band MIX.

SORRY, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. To get everybody pissed off at everybody else.

It is very easy to get caught up in hate. I'm just as guilty. That's why we have always had wars.

I must be getting old... Even the the old friends that hate my guts...are still friends.
#284084 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 am
Sorry PG.
I don't have anything in the world against you.
I have run into so many personal cases of failed lives.

I don'thave enough money... to support all the hurting people that keep calling and calling.
Our government said OK.
If you knew the desperate calls I get in ...
I can't write all this.

My heart bleeds...I am just one person that is upset with broken promises of senators and congressmen that promise them warmth, and then when the lies come true...They call me.

Thank GOD Summer is around the corner.
#284142 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:32 pm
Sorry Joel Clyde.
I seem to remember your name from 3 or 4 years ago. It could have been somebody else.
If you are a serious musician and truly want to join in a conversation between a bunch of idiots...
Be MY guest. I hope you have thick skin.

If you are seriously looking for some help with a musical question. These guys will help you...
Just don't piiisss them off. Smile.
#286552 by schmedidiah
Sun May 20, 2018 5:42 pm
tell us how you tune Donald's private parts Gleen! :lol:
#286554 by DainNobody
Sun May 20, 2018 8:44 pm
ya know, I have to apologize to planetguy, I finally figured out the tune-tech clip on tuner I was jusing was faulty..first Faron mentioned it when we were jamming, he said previous time we had jammed my tuner was sharp..thought maybe he was just talking..but then a week or two ago I find a couple online tuner sites one being Fender site and the other can't recall the name but both were spot on alike and my tuner was nowhere close to same frequency for 440A.. so I bought a Fender California type clip on tuner and it is correct..it was on sale for 9.99 free shipping at musicians friend..it does not power up unless clipped on which is a nice feature cause the tune -tech was easy to accidentally bump it on and then run down the battery without knowing it that happened 3 times ..3 times had to replace CR2032 batteries :|
#286556 by DainNobody
Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 pm