This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283003 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:52 pm
12:30 on W. Pacific St. Springfield..BLUES band :shock: jealousy is a healthy emotion.. :x
#283010 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

breaking out the stage clothes! LOL!
#283021 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 pm
I'm in like Flynn..passed with flying colors..next time when we start work is this Thursday at 6 PM. Today was seeing if me and Obie the drummer (new guy like me) could pass the test..we did..
#283023 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 pm
Stoked about this group I am in.. Will be. BLUES based.. We might just as well been playing a paying gig today that's how great it Sounded..when you have seasoned players and you are doing Muddy Waters..Howlin Wolf..Midnight Special by CCR etc. Its so easy
#283045 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:10 pm
I am tasked with building a fan base and I am pondering enlisting the services of Memphis Agent :shock:
#283051 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 pm
Good Luck, wring that neck
#283072 by MikeTalbot
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:59 pm
And if you're going to wear those shoes, get a crease in those jeans! 8)

Hint - I put mine under the mattress so I can always look cool. In a pinch I even put them on!

Talbot
#283078 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:36 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:I'm in like Flynn..passed with flying colors..next time when we start work is this Thursday at 6 PM. Today was seeing if me and Obie the drummer (new guy like me) could pass the test..we did..

So how many people in this group? And they've guaranteed you $150 each for 4 hour gigs already?
#283083 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 pm
Went to a "jam" Sunday at home in Springfield .. The singer/guitarists place..bassist Jas worked with him previously but don't know how long they have worked together.. The drummer and me showed for our 1st time..wejammed from about 12:45 PM to 4Pm..we did Stormy Monday correctly with the proper 9th chords.Midnight Special CCR.. Mannish Boy Muddy Waters..An obscure Howlin Wolf tune that I tore to pieces..some Johnny Trash tunes etc. Was told to come back around 6PM Thursday so I suppose I will.. It was so Damn fun it is already addictive..plus I was inducted into the secret facebook group-----> O-T Band ?..we will see what happens..now I'm retired and need to devote my seething energies to something..lol
Last edited by DainNobody on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#283090 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 am
For Thur.
Hoochie Coochie Man- Muddy Waters
Roadhouse Blues- The Doors
Midnight Special-CCR
The Sky Is Crying-SRV
Stormy Monday- T-Bone Walker
Hey Joe- Jimi Hendrix
How Blue Van You Get- B.B. King
Kansas City- Albert King
#283101 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:29 pm
You didn't answer my question.
So this is a 4-piece band? They promised you they have $600 gigs ($150 each) lined up? You already said in another thread that you won't play for less, so better get that point cleared up first, don't you think?
#283103 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 pm
I will show the pay stub as proof.. jpg. file.. never said I would be paid for rehearsals although we dont need any cause of tune selection is so easy.. and he has already said he is not a stickler for correct note-for-note covers.. he said he wants it to be played different each time..
#283122 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:I will show the pay stub as proof.. jpg. file.. never said I would be paid for rehearsals although we dont need any cause of tune selection is so easy.. and he has already said he is not a stickler for correct note-for-note covers.. he said he wants it to be played different each time..

You can't answer the question, so you evade it again! I didn't ask you if you were getting paid for rehearsals. I asked you if this guy promised that you'd be getting $600 paid gigs. And if he did, where? Don't forget your great county fair singer who was going to get you gigs that paid $250 each ...
#283131 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:You didn't answer my question.
So this is a 4-piece band? They promised you they have $600 gigs ($150 each) lined up? You already said in another thread that you won't play for less, so better get that point cleared up first, don't you think?

What the phuuck are busting his balls for MIKE? He is out doing his best.
That's why I have a problem with you. NEGATIVITY and YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT.
#283148 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:You didn't answer my question.

What the phuuck are busting his balls for MIKE? He is out doing his best.
That's why I have a problem with you. NEGATIVITY and YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT.

Because Dayne has been busting Mark's and mine for some time, claiming we're 'working for stale pizza', and 'minimal pay', while he won't "play for less than $150", then tells us about busking in front of a Laundromat for quarters, and then this potential gig. Hey, if this works out for him, great, but he doesn't need to be boasting in one thread and showing his 'JealousMan' side in the next.

Your 'problem with me' is YOUR PROBLEM, not mine!