This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282943 by Planetguy
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am
Ancient Vegan wrote: "lowest tier" isn't this name calling we could use a new and improved Planet Guy.

you have a problem w me using that term? guess you were to busy spoiling for another fight to notice there were quotation marks around it when i used it.

that's because i was quoting dayne nobody.....so if that "name calling" upsets you so, take it up w him.

Dayne Nobody IV wrote:simply perplexed how somebody as your self on the extreme lower tier of lowest paying gigs can be so smug

maybe a "good improvement" might be in your finger pointing and reading skills. Lynard. :wink:
#282956 by Ancient Vegan
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 am
I'm sure I could use improvement in every area of my life.

Two wrongs makes it right.

Not spoiling for a fight, but rather trying to get you to see the big picture of how your callous cherry picked remarks, reflect back on you.

I don't need to call you names seems they're is plenty of others who have harsh feelings towards you, I'm sorry for that and in no way want to promote that against anybody.

Good luck in your music endeavors Planet Guy. I currently have no desires to make music my "career" or "fulltime" job, but use it for a release from lifes ups and downs. When I did want to play "fulltime" I tryed to be the best guitar player I could be, you know 8 to 10 hours a day practicing, studying everything I could get my hands on about music, putting the band first. Hope you give your audiences the performance they deserve, and make all musicians proud.

:D
#282963 by Planetguy
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm
Lynard, i appreciate that post....even if i disagree w how you view me as "cherrypicking" (???) things.

if it bothers you that i "cut up" someone's reply when i respond...understand that i'm not "cherry picking" but in fact doing my best to respond to a point or points that someone else brought up. isn't that a GOOD thing?

you are right when you said that you and i are both opinionated. show me someone WITHOUT opinions and i'll show you a dullard. show me someone w opinions who's afraid to express them, and defend them and i'll show you a nancy.

and as far as wgho i've pissed off ...yes, there are plenty here....some folks don't like it when others who disagree w them have the audacity to stand up to them and give them back the very same attitude and $hit THEY'RE slinging!

but i can also count many here who have come and gone.....who i've never shared one cross word with and the respect and friendship flows both ways with those folks.

the ones that still remain here at BM ...you know whom I'm speaking about.

others who have a problem w me (and you know who YOU are) i consider the source and lose no sleep over it.

lynard, you and i , from a political and religious standpoint have vastly different outlooks, and though you (like myself) don't suffer fools gladly, can be sarcastic, and snarky.... i do respect for you for standing up for your opinions even if i might not agree w them. one thing that is clear...you have a deep love and passion for music and are always ready to DISCUSS MUSIC. can i get an amen?!!

this IS a "MUSIC" forum where there are pitifully too few people who actually do that. the notion put forth earlier, complaining that i'm always posting video, and putting up my music is a perfect example of someone being OUT OF TUNE w what a MUSIC forum is supposed to be about.

as i see it...a MUSIC forum SHOULD be about it's members SHARING their music ( as Gtr Mike, Schmed, Haley...and yes DAYNE does). many other of past BM Hall of Fame used to do exactly that as well.

so, to be criticized for actually doing that....complaining about me, or anyone when they share a story about something that happened on a gig, or someone sharing their tunes.... whether it's a video, or the latest tune they've put up on Soundcloud...that's wack.

Sharing music....that's what a MUSIC forum is SUPPOSED to be about. that...and supporting and being happy about what others are doing, whether that be gigging, recording stuff and sharing it on line, or just strumming on the front porch.

i know that many cool people and good musicians have left this site because of the piss poor amount of music discussion here.

thanks again for your post.
#282966 by Ancient Vegan
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Keep the music coming.

I'm gonna try to work on posting music on my bm page this weekend (with the old ladies help)

Love watching videos and links to everybody's music and music they enjoy by others
#283012 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Man that is really judgemental to say people at laundromats don't have any money. We take all knids of stuff to the laundromat that we don't want or is to big to run thru our washer.

And here's another valuable tip for you Mike about playing out, if the ladies like you and you can get a crowd of ladies out to the bar(no matter what they look like) the men are going to come out and you will have a crowd. But you will probably blow this tip off as useless like you did the CAGED system, both these tips will make you a better performer, but I get the sense you think your as good as you need to be, and you probably are, I always strived to get better, and took musical advice from anywhere I could get it.

Geez, Lynard, maybe you need to go back to school and take reading lessons.
I said 'people who go to laundromats don't have a lot of extra money' - evidenced by Dayne's lack of much money when he was busking there (and which he deleted).
Where did I blow the CAGED system as 'useless'? Again, reading your own values into things (and not actually reading).
Why would you think no ladies are coming out to my band's gigs? The place was packed last time, girls singing along, guys hitting on them, all the usual. Seems like a little jealousy's working into your posts too.

Hey Jealous Dayne - YOU are the one so preoccupied with PG's pay check, not me. I don't need to see it. He's out gigging and getting paid a set amount for those gigs. Tips are extra income - not the ONLY income, like you get by busking/playing at swap meets (which is just busking, too).

You guys can talk all you want about the 'great jams' you've had at swap meets, etc (the past is the past, move on already), but if you aren't getting paid, just working for tips .... you're just hoping to make some money (like Dayne didn't at the laundromat).
#283016 by Ancient Vegan
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm
Wrong, I don't need to play anywhere to get my money.

And if you think I'm jealous of you, isn't that all on you? :lol:
#283040 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Wrong, I don't need to play anywhere to get my money.

And if you think I'm jealous of you, isn't that all on you? :lol:

Neither of those comments makes any sense in the light of what you posted before.
#283052 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Think about it, your a smart guy, I thought it was straight forward.

I don't rely on music to make any money.

If you call me a name and I don't go down that road with you, your there by yourself, with that name.
To be clear the name was jealous!
#283058 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 pm
Jealousy is only healthy in small doses Guitar Mike..it looks like jealousy has totally consumed you..to make statements about Planetguy validity without facts..just the stuff he wants you to believe is dangerous :o
#283074 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:..to make statements about Planetguy validity without facts..:o

:lol: :lol: listen to YOU!!! :lol: :lol:

but without FACTS you're gonna LIE about what I get paid at gigs?

and without FACTS you're gonna LIE about what the crowd reaction is at my gigs?

where's the "VALIDITY" in that?

no, you are too busy running your little campaign of disinformation to be bothered by FACTS, "validity", and basic honesty. why let any FACTS get in the way of your dishonest smear tactics.

now, i dunno what anyone else calls that....but in my book that's dishonesty, and the only one you're making look bad is yourself by the lengths you're going to by continuing to spread lies about another musician. shame on you, little man. :oops:
#283077 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:Jealousy is only healthy in small doses Guitar Mike..it looks like jealousy has totally consumed you..to make statements about Planetguy validity without facts..just the stuff he wants you to believe is dangerous :o

Thanks for the laugh, JealousMan! Just whom do you think I am jealous of? Once again, you're demanding to see proof that PG is getting paid for all his gigs? Pathetic.
#283085 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm
I ask the same of my accuser..hurts doesn't it?..why would of accuse me of being jealous of him..absurd thoughts he has and I'm the nut?