This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282909 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 pm
yep he's the Taylor Swift of the "jazz group" world.. raking it in $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D
#282910 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote: have you seen PG's pay stub?

have you?

no.

and why should i or anyone have to produce one?

cos' you're a jealous guy?

#282912 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:58 pm
why you ask? because Guitar Mike is assured you are paid well..we only have Guitar Mike's word on it.. :D
#282913 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:yep he's the Taylor Swift of the "jazz group" world.. raking it in $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D

Taylor Swift might be YOUR goal. not mine.

That's right, you won't play a gig for less than $150 unless of course it's at a swap meet or somewhere you can get your laundry done.
#282914 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm
just because somebody says it's so.. it's hard to believe it or not without proof..especially on the internet.. :D ..since you call my friend Vampier a Russian secret agent, I suppose you think I ought to believe that just cause you say so? :lol:
#282917 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:14 pm
believe whatever you want to, jealous guy.

i just find it sad that how much i gig, and how much i'm paid to do so, is such a thorn in your side.

BTW...besides never bragging about myself or how great my bands are.....i've never bragged about how much money i make. so i'm not sure why it should be such an all consuming issue for you.

ya know, i mean other than what mike said...that you are jealous of others who ARE out there getting paid to do what they love to do.

it's sad your smallness doesn't allow you to be happy for fellow musicians that are out there playing gigs.

#282921 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 pm
Ok Taylor Swift of the "jazz group" world.. :)
#282924 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm
money is your god...not mine.

you're the one too good to play for less than $150....unless of course it's a swap meet or the local SUDS-N-DUDS.

Last edited by Planetguy on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#282925 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 pm
Planetguy wrote:believe whatever you want to, jealous guy.

i just find it sad that how much i gig, and how much i'm paid to do so, is such a thorn in your side.

BTW...besides never bragging about myself or how great my bands are.....i've never bragged about how much money i make. so i'm not sure why it should be such an all consuming issue for you.

ya know, i mean other than what mike said...that you are jealous of others who ARE out there getting paid to do what they love to do.

it's sad your smallness doesn't allow you to be happy for fellow musicians that are out there playing gigs.

not jealous. simply perplexed how somebody as your self on the extreme lower tier of lowest paying gigs can be so smug about their "achievements" in the jazz world..we have all been duped into believing how great you have it getting quality gig s cause you are incessant bragging about yourself showing videos and photos and pimping your gear on a daily basis..George ain't buying it and I ain't either..ashamed to tell us how little the pizza gig pays..sheeeesh
#282926 by Ancient Vegan
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 pm
Man that is really judgemental to say people at laundromats don't have any money. We take all knids of stuff to the laundromat that we don't want or is to big to run thru our washer.

And here's another valuable tip for you Mike about playing out, if the ladies like you and you can get a crowd of ladies out to the bar(no matter what they look like) the men are going to come out and you will have a crowd. But you will probably blow this tip off as useless like you did the CAGED system, both these tips will make you a better performer, but I get the sense you think your as good as you need to be, and you probably are, I always strived to get better, and took musical advice from anywhere I could get it.
#282927 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 pm
LOL....I'm pretty sure "lowest tier" of music jobs is busking at swap meets and laundromats. at least you can help the patrons make change! :lol:
#282929 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm
Faron and I have never approached a venue enquiring about getting a paying gig..we have never enquired about getting a booking agent..we PREFER the busking scene. Its more traditional way of entertaining and not held accountable to boring a crowd in a pizza joint with blase music they walk out on..busking does not force anybody to listen they can simply move on.it hurts to watch your crowd leave before 10:00 PM
#282931 by Ancient Vegan
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 pm
I've worked the swap meets for the last 30 years and I've seen some damn good musicians perform at them.

We use to have a live stage at the old swaparoo before they moved to the new grounds, and had some of the finest solo acts in Springfield play at them. "lowest tier" isn't this name calling we could use a new and improved Planet Guy.

I use to go to Canton Tx in the winters, and every night the swappers would get together and jam, I backed up Bobby Bare there one night, what a thrill.

There use to be a old man with no legs and his daughter traveled with him and they rented a spot and he sang to backing tracks and sold his CD there, and let me tell you that old man could sing.

PB seems you act more like the old Lynard but aren't nearly as funny.
#282936 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:52 pm
Can't remember the black guys name that played on the stage at I-44 swap meet..had the MIDI set up sounding like a 5 piece band he played keyboards was it Norman Jackson ? ..this was late 90s early 2000s ..Butck paid him but he won't hire anybody at Mountaineers swap meet yet
#282941 by Planetguy
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:Faron and I have never approached a venue enquiring about getting a paying gig..we have never enquired about getting a booking agent..we PREFER the busking scene. Its more traditional way of entertaining and not held accountable to boring a crowd in a pizza joint with blase music they walk out on..busking does not force anybody to listen they can simply move on.it hurts to watch your crowd leave before 10:00 PM

damn. i'm sure there are tons of venues that would be lining up to pay big bucks to hear you play your version OLD TIME R&R!

but it's good that you guys are taking the "traditional approach"....playing at the local "SUDS-N-DUDS"...pretty sure that's how Bill Monroe did it, no? :lol:

now, if you can be honest for just a minute....

you have never been to one of my gigs. so, you're being dishonest when you have ZERO idea about what crowd reaction is.

but, so you don't have to cry yourself to sleep each night....you've written this little piece of fiction...the crowds at my gigs hate the music and can't wait to leave. cos after all, wouldn't EVERY restaurant, winery and bar want to pay a band for that!

get real jealous guy...you have NO idea what the response is.

how sad...i mean, who does that? just how insecure and jealous does someone have to be to roll like that?

knock yourself out and continue w your little made up scenario if that makes you feel better. and all it costs you is making yourself look small, petty, and jealous. :oops: