This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287645 by DainNobody
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Tomorrow night 6 PM ..jammin with a drummer at his house his wife is a vocalist and he's supposed to have a bassist show up..last audition was weeks ago the one where I played for them as they sat staring at me..saw their ad again so they must be having problems with a good fit..don't really have a lot of faith for tomorrow since talking on the phone he discussed wanting an all original band..ain't went for 3 weeks to open Mic on Thursdays..went 3 weeks straight but never encountered any electric blues based rock players..mostly acoustic folk based sounding musicians that sound great but I'm not wanting or striving for a Buffalo Springfield /Air Supply sound..musicians showing up that were already doing solo acts..or wanting to be..they would gel well with the Guitar Mike sound..I have been asked to sit in with a band getting gigs..only after they saw I could instantaneously add good lead guitar in E Maj..ha ha.. But sitting in is not like having a real band..if this thing tomorrow night is not a good fit I suppose going back to open Mic night is in store..but its really for original music and not covers but anything is game there..nobody minds :lol:

SO, getting past all the back-and-forth name-calling, what happened on this one?
no blues rock players ever showed up 3 weeks straight. Most I got offered was to sit in with Deans band..any gig coming up..put my back out bad lifting the 64 lb. Marshall amp and packing an outboard motor for shipment won't be doing much until back straightens out..think it's muscle not vertebrate ..puck you Dylan..are you the devil in the flesh..You tried for years getting in a band and failed..living on inheritance money..some people have to work..the musicians you talk to are carp too or they would be playing music..birds of a8 feather flock together..retarded? I am so much smarter than you it would make your head spin..