This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286440 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm
Why would 'some Russian site' take control of a soundcloud account? There's no money or purpose to doing so, makes no sense. Dan - if you're having a problem logging into SC, or getting popup screens, you've got malware on your device.

On the other hand, these foreign music website won't hesitate to copying your music and offering it for sale on their sites - with no compensation to you. If you set your SC music to 'allow download', it makes it very easy for them, but they can also 'play/record' files easily to copy them (anyone with soundcard 'record what you hear' software can do the same). I stopped putting my music on SC that is for sale elsewhere because of that (not that I think they have many sales in Asia, but why make it easy for them?). I did a search for the radio show file I have on my SC and found it on a couple of foreign sites - all 30 minutes of it!
#286442 by Planetguy
Fri May 18, 2018 2:06 pm
Jeff, I want to set the record straight... I NEVER insulted your wife.

In one of our past skirmishes I DID however say something to the effect of understanding why she divorced you.

That was an insult directed at you, not her.

I've tossed around as many insults as anyone here, but family members are off limits in my book.

We now return to our regularly sched programming of Dane arguing w his alter ego/alternate profile "Ancient Vegan".

Dane, you might have been a little too quick to create your latest screen name after I dubbed you "Daynard" a cpl wks ago.

As the saying goes "many a true thing is said in jest".

Let me also go on record saying I hope you and AV are not one and the same cos that would indicate a major psychotic break.
#286449 by DainNobody
Fri May 18, 2018 6:02 pm
Any script kiddie could hack somebody's sound cloud account..especially with some financial backing..if the Russian mafia wanted the tunes I create would it not make sense to hack the account so nobody had access except for the thieves stealing tunes and posting them on websites free music generally in Russia..I guess I could buy likes like the guy here that thinks his music is special
#286456 by DainNobody
Fri May 18, 2018 6:42 pm
I mean I know something is up.but I pay them (sound cloud) no money so I pay them no mind..upload a tune and you have a like or two immediately but see ZERO plays? So wassup wid dat?
#286459 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Any script kiddie could hack somebody's sound cloud account..especially with some financial backing..if the Russian mafia wanted the tunes I create would it not make sense to hack the account so nobody had access except for the thieves stealing tunes and posting them on websites free music generally in Russia..I guess I could buy likes like the guy here that thinks his music is special

Could it be done, sure. Would it be done. Nope.
#286467 by schmedidiah
Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 am
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:I guess I could buy likes like the guy here that thinks his music is special

That's fascinating Dane! Who is this person here who "buys likes .......that thinks his music is special"? Does this person have a name? :lol:
#286473 by schmedidiah
Sat May 19, 2018 12:50 pm
my willie wrote:That would be memphis

I actually miss Memphis. can you fax Jeff at Jasir Studios and see if he can ride his lawnmower over to Not Ready's doublewide and get the prepaid internet card from the gun rack in his beat up 1971 Ford F-150 pickem up truck and get his middle eastern redneck ass back on here, pronto? :mrgreen:
#286480 by Planetguy
Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm
and sad to report that since memphis stopped advertising my "gas pumping gig" at the truckstop, business has decidedly fallen off.

i've been assigned the duty of bringing him back to BM by me bloody superiors. or it's me 'ead they'll be havin'.

'

'
#286486 by schmedidiah
Sat May 19, 2018 9:10 pm
:lol:
#287252 by DainNobody
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:03 am
Tomorrow night 6 PM ..jammin with a drummer at his house his wife is a vocalist and he's supposed to have a bassist show up..last audition was weeks ago the one where I played for them as they sat staring at me..saw their ad again so they must be having problems with a good fit..don't really have a lot of faith for tomorrow since talking on the phone he discussed wanting an all original band..ain't went for 3 weeks to open Mic on Thursdays..went 3 weeks straight but never encountered any electric blues based rock players..mostly acoustic folk based sounding musicians that sound great but I'm not wanting or striving for a Buffalo Springfield /Air Supply sound..musicians showing up that were already doing solo acts..or wanting to be..they would gel well with the Guitar Mike sound..I have been asked to sit in with a band getting gigs..only after they saw I could instantaneously add good lead guitar in E Maj..ha ha.. But sitting in is not like having a real band..if this thing tomorrow night is not a good fit I suppose going back to open Mic night is in store..but its really for original music and not covers but anything is game there..nobody minds :lol:
#287271 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm
They have a open mike at, Lakeland Regional Hospital, on Friday nights, held in the Keith Moon wing of the
hospital, a psycho would fit in nicely, probably find a place to stay, if you ever wind up homeless again. Wait
you've edited that thread, bet if I go back and read it your living in the Taj Mahal.

Give it up, nobody wants you in their band, even if you could outplay Hendrix.
#287274 by DainNobody
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:42 pm
Open Mike ..laugh at you because you don't know the difference between a Mic and a mike ..LOL..if you call that scrum at the swap meet (you screw )musicians ..like the guy with watery eyes and the guy with purple legs diabetic I consider myself blessed that they hang with fellow scrum like you that has run thru every ad in Craigslist..lol
#287278 by DainNobody
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 pm
Lee Barbour you are a loser because you give up on your dream of being a musician..I see you point somewhat..you can't play for sh*t. But as good as your nursery rhyme series is maybe you should consider a career as a writer for children..that way you can have children in the palm of your hand.you would like that? :?
#287281 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:09 pm
Psycho you no nothing, just the little synapse's the pea hits, as it rattles around in your
big fat head.

It's hard to keep a good list of quality players on your side, when you bad mouth all the local tried,
and true talent, of course no one wants to be in a band with you. So you resort to name calling about
people's ability, yet you can't hear the difference between tuned and out of tune. You need to up your
name calling skills (maybe Vamp can help), it's like your tuning skills 3rd grade.

Who wants a lead guitar player who can't tune his guitar? Even worse who wants a lead guitar player.
who can't even tell he's out of tune. Before you critique my playing, you need to practice tuning your
instrument...…….