This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283134 by MikeTalbot
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 am
Mark

"Training wheels?" Yep!

In the church band they often change keys to accommodate the vocalists which is fine with me. But one day the director asked me if I didn't have a capo (both guitars use them to change keys). At that time I didn't even know they made them for bass.

She laughed, and it wasn't because I said anything witty. It was the look on my face! I was horrified - it just isn't that hard to change keys!

Talbot
#283382 by Strings N Hammers
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:21 pm
I've painfully learned as a keyboardist to very seldom play the exact same chord in the same register as a guitarist and if I do then just hold down the chord and not add much movement.

Playing the exact same chord in the same register is called stepping on the guitarist and it's the number one reason why keyboardist either get accused of playing too much or too loud. When you're playing in the same registers you start fighting each other to be heard and you start cranking up the volume to outdo one another. When in doubt I'm in the higher registers stratosphere where you guitarist folk can't touch me, say hi to the bassist for me, see how he likes you stepping on his turf. The same theory is true for two guitarists imo.
#283400 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 pm
I believe you Zenith Hammer :arrow: