This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283508 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:Jealous Dayne being jealous and making small goofs but playing and singing a finger picked guitar tune is tough,,should have just been strumming would have made it easier mentally..LOL
https://www.facebook.com/10000800164761 ... 229281612/

just to prove Guitar Mike was erroneous about stating I have no videos..

Dayne - you need to improve your reading skills, I never said anything about YOU having no videos.

Jealous Dayne wrote:At the swap meet busking..we never say to somebody wanting to "sit-in" ..no' your guitar sucks your first few notes plucked ate God-awful. ANF you have no star quality in your casual appearance.. Therefore we have no use for you as a valid human being musical type.. I believe only azzholes and arrogant azzholes would treat other musicians that way
.like above aforementioned posts by you know who

A jam in a public place is completely different than requesting an audition to join a band.

Jealous Dayne wrote:Guitar Mike, you HAVE THE GIGS BOOKED! that means somewhere in your past performances there, they have loved what they heard...enough to ask you back! that is a PLUS PLUS WIN WIN!.. you need to look at what that key ingredient was, and what YOU! had to offer in the group and build it out from there.build on your stengths Guitar Mike not what the other band members offered cause they are gone..kaput..history now LOL... go with what you know and what the audience is lapping up.. look at the cheers you received pertaining to which tune you got that positive response and build on that sir.. love you as always, Dayne,..

No, THIS band is history (after 1 more gig). A band is more than just the individual members, its is the combination of members and what each contributes to the overall sound.

Zenith Hammer wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Zenith - it works both ways - you want examples of the band's live abilities, they want examples of yours. Too many 'wannabes' around. A good indication is a profile that has no pictures of the person actually performing live - oops, like your profile. No live pics, no videos, no audition!

Of course it works both ways but I'm not going to be the one asking for video footage as I'm probably not going to bother to listen to it. I'll form my opinion when I actually get in a room and hear with my own ears what the band sounds like. Music is a business and like any business it's boils down to supply and demand and honestly you guys probably need me alot more than I need you. Obvious exception if your band is playing on a higher professional level and not just grinding out the bar scene making 50-100 bucks a night.

Thought experiment try posting an ad in craigslist asking for a keyboardist see how many responses you receive, then try posting an ad as a keyboardist looking for a band and tell me how many responses you receive. Truth is there's exponentially more guitarists than there are keyboardists, and there are alot more bands looking for keyboardists than there are keyboardists willing to lug around all their expensive gear to an audition. Feel free to be as critical and picky as you please among your fellow guitarists, you can't throw a stone anywhere outside and not hit one. If your rule is I must submit a video with a complete profile in order to play music in the same room with you then no thanks, ask the other 4 gigging keyboardists in town maybe they'll be willing to jump through your hoops if they can find the time.

Well, I guess things are different in Houston then (or maybe not), but as I've stated here numerous times, no online music for me to 'pre-audition' you, then we'll just move on. My time is worth too much to waste any more of it with people not meeting my requirements (and the vice-versa holds true, too - if the person doesn't care enough about my qualifications, then, its a sure sign it won't work out).
#283511 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:At the swap meet busking..we never say to somebody wanting to "sit-in" ..no' your guitar sucks your first few notes plucked ate God-awful. ANF you have no star quality in your casual appearance.. Therefore we have no use for you as a valid human being musical type.. I believe only azzholes and arrogant azzholes would treat other musicians that way
.like above aforementioned posts by you know who

so, THIS is the kind of "strategies" you've chosen to emulate from Glen? Lying and dishonesty? Yes, you've learned well, Asshopper.

Tell the truth, liar....just as you know nothing about crowd reactions at my gigs while pretending you do....you know nothing about any of my band's policies towards letting people sitting in.....but you're gonna lie like a spineless, sniveling, invertebrate because your feelings are hurt? I'm embarrassed for you. :oops:

You've never learned that a MAN is only as good as his word......and when you emulate Glen by being dishonest...it's YOU who looks bad. :oops:
#283512 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 pm
Hey Planet Guy just told me not to click on no links from strangers.
#283513 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 pm
optimal word there being "strangers", lynard.

if you want to click on links from people you know who are strange, or just act strangely...that's something else, entirely. :wink:
#283516 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm
Jealous Dayne wrote:Did you notice his reference to a guitar being out of to tune and he would never give a guy a chance based solely on a guitar being out of tune on the phone video..he would shoot that guy down simply because of his preconceived idea the guy does not know how to tune a guitar?

that's just more of your lies glen, uh sorry...i meant dayne.

nobody noticed such a reference.....because i never made one having anything remotely to do w intonation problems.

so, what is this brilliant strategy you've decided to adopt.....toss out the most facile and goofy lies and have your adversary waste their time shooting them down? is THAT the game? and then you take the hit for being a liar? that seems like a fool's errand to me.

anyway, i'm happy to play.

you lie about me, or my gigs, my bands....or distort, or play fast and loose with the truth...and i'll gladly waste as much time as required to call you and glen out as a liars when you pull that crap.

that's called standing up to liars. that's NEVER a waste of time.
#283518 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Jealous Dayne wrote:Did you notice his reference to a guitar being out of tune and he would never give a guy a chance based solely on a guitar being out of tune on the phone video..he would shoot that guy down simply because of his preconceived idea the guy does not know how to tune a guitar?

What a cheat..clips off my post so he can look truthful I guess
that's just more of your lies glen, uh sorry...i meant PG

nobody noticed such a reference.....because i never made one having anything remotely to do w intonation problems.

so, what is this brilliant strategy you've decided to adopt.....toss out the most facile and goofy lies and have your adversary waste their time shooting them down? is THAT the game? and then you take the hit for being a liar? that seems like a fool's errand to me.

anyway, i'm happy to play.

you lie about me, or my gigs, my bands....or distort, or play fast and loose with the truth...and i'll gladly waste as much time as required to call you and glen out as a liars when you pull that crap.

that's called standing up to liars. that's NEVER a waste of time.
Did you notice his reference to a guitar being out of to tune and he would never give a guy a chance based solely on a guitar being out of tune on the phone video..he would shoot that guy down simply because of his preconceived idea the guy does not know how to tune a guitar? Wonder if the guitar come out of a coldish closet and now it has suddenly went out of tune cause the guitar has warmed but the guitarist has not noticed cause he is intently concentrating on the tune and not necessarily monitoring the performance.that is how he rolls..Planetguy never gives anybody the benefit of the doubt he just tells them they are slimeing it up or blathering it whatever.. A real winner he is thinking he is Gods gift to music..
#283519 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:28 pm
Hey Planetguy if you are going to quote me. please quote the entire post instead of chopping off pertinent information that you leave out trying to paint me as dishonest it seems to be an endless pursuit of yours either trashing my playing..trashing my gear..trashing my persona..you stoop pretty low..but most are onto you how you get your jollies belittling others..
#283522 by Strings N Hammers
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Well, I guess things are different in Houston then (or maybe not), but as I've stated here numerous times, no online music for me to 'pre-audition' you, then we'll just move on. My time is worth too much to waste any more of it with people not meeting my requirements (and the vice-versa holds true, too - if the person doesn't care enough about my qualifications, then, its a sure sign it won't work out).

So far as I'm aware the law of supply and demands functions the same in almost every corner of the world. You're certainly free to run your band any way you deem fit, I'm not trying to change how you operate. Best of luck in all your future endeavors and putting the band back together, I know from experience how frustrating that can be.
Last edited by Strings N Hammers on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
#283523 by Planetguy
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 am
Jealous Dayne wrote:Hey Planetguy if you are going to quote me. please quote the entire post instead of chopping off pertinent information that you leave out trying to paint me as dishonest it seems to be an endless pursuit of yours either trashing my playing..trashing my gear..trashing my persona..you stoop pretty low..but most are onto you how you get your jollies belittling others..

stooping so low as your dishonesty and outright lies?

nah....and most are onto YOU now for that unmanly behavior.
#283524 by Planetguy
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:42 am
and you still haven't explained why you lied about me saying ANYTHING that you claimed i did.

please....liar......quote me where i said anything about dismissing anyone because of their intonation in this thread.

quote me where i said anything about who can and can't sit in with my bands.

never happened but that doesn't stop you from LYING about it.

you can't quote because it never happened. in other words ...you lied. AGAIN.

and once again you're caught lying....you prove that you are so low as to that you lie about stuff all the time now. and it doesn't get any lower than that, pal. do you even KNOW when you're lying?

you're looking really bad here w this lying stuff, dude. keep that up, and like me, NO ONE will have any respect left for you.

again...put up or stfu. show us where i said any of that stuff you claim i did, liar.
#283527 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 am
How far do you want me to go back in time. searching your nasty and at times evil slander against me ? You will need to pay me for my time since time is money unless the compensation is pizza.. A guy has to eat so good as money..I guess..some cultures have used sea shells as legal tender so why not pizza? I have no right dissing pizza.. :arrow:
#283528 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 am
And don't think for a minute that I don't know the reason you have a hard on for me..it's because you never got over the fact I saidj j :oops: jewing you down once ages ago.so you framed me as a anti-Semite and still do.
Your problem..not mine..
#283532 by DainNobody
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:19 am
Planetguy wrote:and you still haven't explained why you lied about me saying ANYTHING that you claimed i did.

please....liar......quote me where i said anything about dismissing anyone because of their intonation in this thread.

quote me where i said anything about who can and can't sit in with my bands.

never happened but that doesn't stop you from LYING about it.

you can't quote because it never happened. in other words ...you lied. AGAIN.
how can I do that when you have went back and edited or deleted most of the nasty sh*t you said about me.. ..I think
and once again you're caught lying....you prove that you are so low as to that you lie about stuff all the time now. and it doesn't get any lower than that, pal. do you even KNOW when you're lying?

you're looking really bad here w this lying stuff, dude. keep that up, and like me, NO ONE will have any respect left for you.

again...put up or stfu. show us where i said any of that stuff you claim i did, liar.
I have been looking at old posts and I see where you have edited quotes even..you are lower than a snake's belly.. pure evil