This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282490 by Ancient Vegan
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:20 pm
Man when McCartney played halftime, I thought he came out and sounded like the Beatles. I love the Stones but to me Mick really looked old and probably could have used more clothes on to cover him.

Who was your favorite?
#282491 by aiki_mcr
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm
The one I'm not watching?

Seriously, though, I've been dragged into watching Stupid Bowl halftime shows a few times and they always - *always* - disappoint. Just not worth it.
#282497 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:06 am
since I've been watching, The Stones, McCartney...... uh...... The Who? idk. the half time show is a joke. the audience in the stadium can't even hear the music. it's a 100% for tv thing. then there's the dopes who run out on the field and swarm the stage. they're just there to get their face on tv and they're picked for their looks. the half time show at the first super bowl was a marching band and guys with a jet packs. bring those back.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/best-reads/2016/02/05/university-of-arizona-marching-band-super-bowl-halftime/79528022/
#282562 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 pm
robert1255030 wrote:I've never watched a Super Bowl halftime show and never will.

i watch them every year and i can tell you, you're missing absolutely nothing
#282566 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm
I usually watch the last 2-3 minutes of the game to see who wins. Have never watched a half-time show. It's all lip-synched anyway, right? The sound in a huge stadium is horrible - even worse when there's a roof holding more echo/reverb in.
#282580 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 pm
Justin Timberlake was fabulous. Like Nick Foles, it's hard to hate someone who works that hard and is actually talented.

But I think Bruno Mars was the best performance I ever saw on a Super Bowl half-time. I didn't even know who he was, really, but man...that was THE most perfect dance routine I've ever seen including Michael Jackson. Just phenomenal.

I would have hated to be Coldplay that day
#282599 by schmedidiah
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 pm
yod wrote:Justin Timberlake was fabulous. Like Nick Foles, it's hard to hate someone who works that hard and is actually talented.

But I think Bruno Mars was the best performance I ever saw on a Super Bowl half-time. I didn't even know who he was, really, but man...that was THE most perfect dance routine I've ever seen including Michael Jackson. Just phenomenal.

I would have hated to be Coldplay that day

and that shows a big part of the problem. if you look at who headlines the half time show and who gets featured as a guest in the show in the middle, this stuff keeps repeating. Bruno Mars - twice in a couple of years. Beyonce - the same. this was JT's second time (Janet Jackson debacle that ushered in the classic rock acts) plus a first appearance with N Sync (Aerosmith year). are these gatekeepers to this most coveted spot in the entertainment biz telling us there are only so many recording artists who are worth a crap? :mrgreen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows