This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282130 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm
Hey man, welcome to BM.
1) Check the 'last active' date on a profile. "more than 1 month" can mean years. If the person hasn't visited their profile within a month, then its probably a waste of time to try contacting them.
2) You have a lack of info on your profile - people may click to it when they get your message. What do they see? No photos or video, no audio songs or even samples. No details on what you are trying to do, other than you are a songwriter. Nothing about any band or performance experience you have, or equipment, or even what instruments you might play.
3) Patience. It takes a lot of work to find other compatible musicians to form a band. And don't rely just on BM- use Craigslist, go to local open mics and jams and out to listen to local bands: networking. I joined this site about 7 years ago. Through BM I got contacted by 2 bands, neither ended up working out. Tried many other possible duo partners, mostly through CL. Last year finally found a couple of guys looking to do what I was looking to do (well, 75%) through their CL ad.
#282132 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:36 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:2) You have a lack of info on your profile - people may click to it when they get your message. What do they see? No photos or video, no audio songs or even samples. No details on what you are trying to do, other than you are a songwriter. Nothing about any band or performance experience you have, or equipment, or even what instruments you might play.

:lol: MEMPHIS/READY!!!! :lol: