This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281871 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Tell me about it! It was made by Paul Bigsby.

Tiny was a scary good player!
#281873 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm
Planetguy wrote:Tell me about it! It was made by Paul Bigsby.

Tiny was a scary good player!

BIgsby is a household name but I can't say that I've heard of Tiny before. I seem to have missed quite a lot in all the years of working nights.

Don't think I'd ever want to get into an argument with you about music history or grading players. In such a debate, my money is on you.
#281883 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 pm
Ted, If you're a fan of Western Swing and straight ahead jazz, you should absolutely check Tiny out!

There's a fantastic album called "Back To Back" that David Grisman produced with both TM and the equally monstrous Jethro Burns on mandos.

KILLER STUFF!
#281885 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 pm
George, It's no crime if you're unfamiliar with Tiny Moore who is recognized as one of THE greatest time MANDOLINISTS. Nor is it a crime that you are ignorant of the fact that single course mandolins have been around since the 50's.

Trust me, Paul Bigsby didn't create the 5 string mandolin as a marketing tool .

You can waste as much time as you want cutting and pasting definitions from Wikipedia as you like.... But if you think the instrument TM plays is a "small gtr " (chuckles behind my hand) may I suggest the next block of time you spend on this, you might simply google "Tiny Moore". Then you can actually LEARN something about his "little guitar". (Chortle, chortle)
#281886 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:33 pm
https://youtu.be/5FlNBuS7YgM. Mandolino.. Technically a mandolin and in the lute family.
#281899 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm
george1146561 wrote:
Yes, I am aware that you'll waste an inordinate amount of time trying to unsuccessfully "prove" a mistake.

#281904 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm
How sad.

But I do think you should adopt this line as your signature.....

I successfully demonstrated that I was correct.
#281910 by DainNobody
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:14 pm
The foolishness of ones actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses. :D
#281911 by Planetguy
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 pm
That's a great quote. Who said that?