This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281476 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:44 pm
No, they do not need to be premium members to respond to your messages.
#281484 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm
george1146561 wrote:I'm not suggesting that anyone violate any Bandmix rules, if there is a rule against this. Most people can figure out how to translate username at domainname dot com into an email address. Anyone who can't figure that out probably isn't someone you'd want to contact anyway.

Not everyone 'hides' their contact info in their profile. Does it work for bandmix? Let's find out!
#281490 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
george1146561 wrote:I'm not suggesting that anyone violate any Bandmix rules, if there is a rule against this. Most people can figure out how to translate username at domainname dot com into an email address. Anyone who can't figure that out probably isn't someone you'd want to contact anyway.

Not everyone 'hides' their contact info in their profile. Does it work for bandmix? Let's find out!

No, it doesn't work.
#281533 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:00 pm
george1146561 wrote:I entered my own email address using that format in my profile. Since no one wants to contact me, no one has tried. But I wager that if someone were to try, they would succeed.

ADMIN has edited it out, now its g_... at dot com
#281534 by Displaced Pianist
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Maybe I don't understand the thread entirely, but... I have my email addy on my page, but not in the literal format. Instead, I used something like 'smithcraig944 on the mail system run by google'; I'm assuming most folks know who google is and that they run a mail system, or if they don't, will take 15 seconds to look it up. BM will remove a literal email addy for 2 reasons: they want users to spring for a paid acct. (makes sense), and they don't want bots harvesting email addys on this site (which is a good thing). So you need to be a bit creative. Musicians are generally good at being creative.

I've been contacted via both methods: my email addy and the BM system. More often via the latter, but the email addy is useful. I'm not much of a phone person myself, but some folks list a phone number, another good contact method. As the saying goes, where there's a will, there's a way...