This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281173 by Mike_krunch
Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 pm
Hey there fellow Old Skool Metal heads. Anybody still into Metallica, Megadeth, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Fight, Halford, Antrahax, Old Scorpions,?????? I need a double kick drummer.
#281180 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:39 pm
Mike_krunch wrote:Hey there fellow Old Skool Metal heads. Anybody still into Metallica, Megadeth, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Fight, Halford, Antrahax, Old Scorpions,?????? I need a double kick drummer.

Would you settle for some lame euro-metal bands who are desperately trying to imitate those bands?

Yeah, I think I know someone who likes that crap. hahaha

hey george....meet your new best friend

:wink:
#281196 by Mike_krunch
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 am
george1146561 wrote:
Mike_krunch wrote:Hey there fellow Old Skool Metal heads. Anybody still into Metallica, Megadeth, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Fight, Halford, Antrahax, Old Scorpions,?????? I need a double kick drummer.

I don't really enjoy them all that much anymore, but I do like listening to modern European symphonic metal. There are two reasons why I have no interest in your project. First, I do not live in California, and wouldn't move there unless I was guaranteed and paid, in advance, a huge sum of money. Second, I am not a drummer.

One friendly piece of advice. Drummers tend to be simple-minded folk, with good, stout hearts but minimal interest in doing research. If you want a drummer who lives in reasonable geographic proximity to where you live, don't expect drummers to delve into your profile to see where you live. Just plainly state it. It's only a few extra keystrokes. I don't think any ISP's still charge by the character typed, so it wouldn't cost you anything.

Dude are you just a bandmix troll? Do you do this to everyone or just me? WTF!? Dont you got anything better to do.
#281205 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:16 pm
Real advice: people don't come to these forums to find other players/bands.
Use the search feature in the profile. If you find prospects whose profiles have been visited within the last month (anything older, forget it), then cough up a month's subscription to send messages to them.
#281212 by Mordgeld
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 pm
Mike, maybe you need to move up near Sacto. I hear people all the time at the studios where I rent tearing that stuff up. I had a prog-metal drummer (he could play stuff like August Burns Red, Architect, etc.) but we swapped for a drummer that digs anything that has drums in it. (helps greatly with the Spanish flavored stuff but still down for Dio, Slipknot, Lacuna Coil, etc.) I'm borrowing the double-kick set in my studio from a drummer up the hill that I record video on demand for his auditions. He's more punk roots but if you were closer, I'd refer him. Now if I can just find a second guitarist so I can rock some Iron Maiden, lol. I hate using backing tracks to temporarily fill in musicians but doing so has kept projects viable. Perhaps I could help you with that? The cost would be dependent on whether you want programmed drums or a recorded session drummer.
#281310 by pete572211
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:51 pm
Not too fond of either heavy metal or the Democrat party, but in my opinion, you are showing yourself to be both an idiot *and* an asshat.

Care to go for the troika?
#281312 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:28 pm
pete572211 wrote:Not too fond of either heavy metal or the Democrat party, but in my opinion, you are showing yourself to be both an idiot *and* an asshat.

Care to go for the troika?

That's our super troll my willie (yes, that's... my willie). He'll be banned again before you even know what happened. :D
#281330 by Planetguy
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:54 pm
Kerry....the only thing more boring than your wanking away on poorly executed Lover Boy and 38 Special tunes....more boring than the yrs of subjecting BM readers to your boring and uncreative Filthy Animal Sodomizers band fliers.... is the childish trite and barely legible scrawl you toss off. Once a wanker...always a wanker.

That fall on your head really took a toll. I mean, you were a tough talking little scared boy, and a bedwetting nancy BEFORE you dedicated your life to being a troll.....now, you're even more sad and pathetic.

who thought THAT was possible????
#282306 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 pm
Obese can you hook me up with the YouTube video of Kerry blazing on an acoustic guitar playing fast scales and runs?
#282312 by schmedidiah
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:16 am
Obese Want Canolie wrote:i am not willie ok and unless you have canolies for me f off ok? I have right to hate both heavy metal music and democrats if I want. Or not that is my god given freedom. You have right to like both democrats and heavy metal music . You also have the right to have gay sex with harvey wienstien. so yeah mon!! Do what you like!!

so prescient to point out Harvey Weinstein was a creeper. :mrgreen: