This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281159 by Planetguy
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm
last night's gig....

#281165 by J-HALEY
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 am
Dang Mark looks like you guys were having fun congrats!
I am playing in a Country band as well as the Classic Rock band I have been in.
The leader of the country band is from Louisiana and we play more than a few songs by Cajun artist. Like Hey Josephine and such. The band has a pedal steel guy that also plays fiddle pretty badass!
In the one pick you have that look of musical bliss on your face :D
#281168 by Cajundaddy
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:52 am
Fun! We need to get you a spoon and washboard now. :D I'll bet the food was good.
#281191 by Cajundaddy
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 am
yod wrote:But the question we all have is : Did they feed you well?

:wink:

Hey Ted, long time no see. I was at an outreach yesterday and played "The Dead Sea" from Hollywood sessions for all the good folks. They liked it and I told them your story. Next time you come out west give me a ring and we will set up a jam with the boys. 8)
#281193 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 am
Cajundaddy wrote:

Hey Ted, long time no see. I was at an outreach yesterday and played "The Dead Sea" from Hollywood sessions for all the good folks. They liked it and I told them your story. Next time you come out west give me a ring and we will set up a jam with the boys. 8)

Oh thanks, brother..you got it!

But it's really hard to make me leave home these days. Just cancelled a concert in LA coming up in February. I might change my mind on that one later...don't know. I've got one concert booked in December and have no intent to book anything in the foreseeable future.

Doing the local worship leader thing and couldn't be happier. They feed me really well.

But it's not cajun.

:mrgreen:
#281194 by Cajundaddy
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 am
yod wrote:
Cajundaddy wrote:

Oh thanks, brother..you got it!

But it's really hard to make me leave home these days. Just cancelled a concert in LA coming up in February. I might change my mind on that one later...don't know. I've got one concert booked in December and have no intent to book anything in the foreseeable future.

Doing the local worship leader thing and couldn't be happier. They feed me really well.

But it's not cajun.

:mrgreen:

Keep it real brother! 8)
#281206 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm
I'd be falling off the front of the 'stage' on a regular basis! TINY!

Our gig on Saturday: we had the whole 'back wall' of the room, but only about 4 feet of space out from it (no platform). The first song I was singing lead on, some guy walks by and whacks the boom arm on mic stand, knocking it a foot off to the side, I'm like "WTF buddy?!" Drunk already at 8:45, I guess.
#281208 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm
yeah, it IS a small stage...but it actually felt like a ton of room at this gig. we had played there a cpl of days earlier in our trio format of bass/drums/ me on gtr and vibes....imagine that stage with a VIBRAPHONE on it as well!

glad you didn't get any teeth busted out from that mic/mic stand, mike!

did someone say"food"??? yeah, they have pretty good grub there. funny....for some reason we all ended up ordering Po' Boys that night. Shrimp Po Boy for me....good stuff.

Lots of room yesterday when THE SPINCASTERS (new rockabilly band) played our second gig at a local winery. We're sound checking here, and afterwards we skarfed down some excellent brick oven pizza while packing up!

#281209 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Dang Mark looks like you guys were having fun congrats!
I am playing in a Country band as well as the Classic Rock band I have been in.
The leader of the country band is from Louisiana and we play more than a few songs by Cajun artist. Like Hey Josephine and such. The band has a pedal steel guy that also plays fiddle pretty badass!
In the one pick you have that look of musical bliss on your face :D

Thanks, Jeff. They're a fun bunch of guys to play and hang with. Those moments of "musical bliss" are what we live for, right? I bet you kill it playing twangy country licks. I don't get to do that too often but every now and then i'll slip one in for comic relief in the middle of some straight ahead jazz tune.

Cajundaddy wrote:Fun! We need to get you a spoon and washboard now. :D I'll bet the food was good.

I absolutely love stepping away from the vibes or gtr and playing some percussion (shakers, guiro, agogo, cabasa, cowbells, etc) but I don't have any room in my percussion gig bag for a washboard!