This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280838 by Silent Company
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:29 pm
We worked hard for a year together in the studio to sing mix our album. Months go by we get back together to kill time in the studio and shoot the sh*t, I grabbed the headphones and click to play one of our songs we did and was blown away how good it was mixed , (seriously) I hand the headphones over and say "woe ..check out this track! listen to how well its mixed" so they put one ear phone on and leave the other off... :shock:
They listen for only a few seconds and stop, they start talking about how they like another mix better. :roll:
the subtleties are so thin between the two for me..I get that this person was all about making that a point but...
wait..
should I be feeling like they are not interested in the song unless its the one mix they like? they acted like didn't even want to hear the song ,
I feel like this persons contribution is so shallow and is more interested in having an opinion matter then to really care about the song at all..
power tripping?
Is it me doing the power tripping? I care about having the song matter more then just the opinion, ha but looking at this in the mirror, am I the one power tripping?

I really felt surprised about the mix and the details ..but a few minutes after all this i was standing next to a window holding the headphones feeling alone and pointless. Happens so much so now i don't even bother sharing how i think anymore. have to go a thread to blow it off..
:?