This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280462 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:09 am
George - the OP's location is right in the profile listing - maybe you can't see it from a phone app?

Anyway, to the OP:
Post music samples on your BM profile, very doubtful anyone will see you post here and follow it to your FB page. As a vocalist (only) you need to show bands WHY you'd be a good match for them. Having some equipment of your own (or willingness and $$ to buy some) would help, too.
#280476 by mystr0
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:50 pm
That's one approach. Demos are a good idea, but I would spend a dime on any band I don't have background info on. Get your talent out first. Plus most rock bands want eye candy in their vocalists, so if you're a women of a certain age...get your image together too. js
#280489 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm
george1146561 wrote:What about the key piece of advice I gave, which is if you're looking for a gig, post in the forum where people looking for musicians go to look for new bandmates, not in General Music Chat, where only a small cadre of argumentative people hang out. Do you disagree with that?

Only to the fact that no one actually uses the forum for that. They look through the profiles, as its easy to sort by area/state/town.
#280532 by schmedidiah
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 am
that's the 2nd time you've mentioned a bandmix phone app Mike. can you please show us what this app is and what it does (and where we can find it)?
#280539 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:08 pm
schmedidiah wrote:that's the 2nd time you've mentioned a bandmix phone app Mike. can you please show us what this app is and what it does (and where we can find it)?

No, I know nothing about phone apps, I just assumed people were viewing the site on a phone so not seeing all the features that you see when accessing on a desktop computer.
#280541 by schmedidiah
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:15 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:that's the 2nd time you've mentioned a bandmix phone app Mike. can you please show us what this app is and what it does (and where we can find it)?

No, I know nothing about phone apps, I just assumed people were viewing the site on a phone so not seeing all the features that you see when accessing on a desktop computer.

when i'm on this site on my phone, its chrome browser on an android device. and I can't see a members location, join date, signature, etc on any given post or reply. so i'm not going to click on their profile just to see where they're from if they're just another drive by poster looking for this and that or trying to sell stolen or broken gear.
#280551 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:

when i'm on this site on my phone, its chrome browser on an android device. and I can't see a members location, join date, signature, etc on any given post or reply. so i'm not going to click on their profile just to see where they're from if they're just another drive by poster looking for this and that or trying to sell stolen or broken gear.

So the 'mobile view' is different than on a desktop, that's what I was getting at.
#282046 by DainNobody
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:16 pm
Come on out to Humansville,Mo. Tomorrow night..there is an open Mic starting at 7PM. Be fun to hear how good of pipes you got..
#282047 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Dayne - the guy posted once on this forum 3 months ago and hasn't been back since.
#282049 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 pm
I've been working on getting an author web site up (gotta have them these days) and have found it's pointless to not support phones and tablets. Apparently 60% or more of all hits on web site these days are by phones.

Personally don't like using my phone for all that but if that's what folks want, I have to deliver.

And to think, I had assumed all those people walking around. in traffic starting at phones were just checking their email.

Talbot
#282054 by DainNobody
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am
Talbot..a year ago I would have never considered a Smartphone but the 5GB for $50.00 Straight Talk WiFi-Hotspot that is used for the desktop (since I live in the boondocks and only dial-up and satellite is available) was getting ate up within 15 to 20 days if I wanted to watch just a few you tube videos on the desktop the 5GB data plan is good for 2 months before it expires however.... So when I saw this Stylo 3 LG ST pre-paid phone for 129.00 and unlimited data for 45.00 a month (1 month plan) I snagged it..now. I can watch gobs of videos a month on the rather large smartphone screen, and use the 2 month 5GB WiFi Hotspot data on the desktop for actual business use online saving money.. 8)